I think im losing hair and i'm only 15

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, i have noticed recently a line that goest through my hair on the right side of my hairline. It hasent always been their. And beyond that line my hair is very thin and i can't do much with it. And it always looks a mess and is embarssing anyone who can help?

Thanks.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya been there as an adult can't imagine how horrible this is for you as a teenager. First thing you need to do is go see you GP get some blood tests done and try and determine a cause. It shouldn't happen and their is probably a medical reason for it. Good luck 
  • Posted

I developed alopecia when I was 8 years old (summer of 2012) so I've had alopecia for 3 years nearly and it's not nice people calling you names like “bald headed freak is what I have been called on one occasion."
  • Posted

HI, im 22 and my hair started thinning when i was about 21, im gona give you some helpfull advice that will hopefully help you day to day that no one gave me smile. If you think your hair is falling out, start taking medication to help prevent it from getting worse AND DONT STOP TAKING IT. you might think that you don't need it and it will be too late by the time you start taking it again. also put it out of your mind you still have ton's of hair! Also. try not to play with it or put it in hair stressing hair dews as that can often times pull out your hair. The sooner you catch it, which 15 years  old is very early, the better you will be. i think if you start taking the medicine now whatever you decide (propecia ect.) you will have plenty of hair by the time your say 50. The medication does work, and it is more of a prevention that a cure you start taking it now and you will be okie! hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.