i think im making progress :)

Posted , 2 users are following.

i took a few showers today and i know that doesnt really mean much but since ive been on sertraline its made my legs heavy and so fearful id fall and get dizzy and get bad anxiety and panic attacks even standing in front of the shower and usually hadto take a lorazepam to help me get in the shower i havent taken a lorazepam in 2 days and ive been tapering off sertraline it wasnt right for me. i still have derealization bad anxiety bad thoughts sometimes and get depressed buf i wanted to share my little progress smile i thank God because i believe hes helping me and my mom from heaven. i hope we all get better soon smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I actually fell getting out of the bath (so embarrassing made me feel like I was 80 yrs old) just 3 days ago..I think I have anxiety but haven't experienced a lot of dizziness but I think the fall might have been because my legs felt weak and sore for 3 days straight ( I think it could be due to anxiety but then I worry myself thinking I might have a serious illness). I'm not saying this to scare you but to let you know I can somewhat relate. I think the more we talk about it and are aware the less challenging it gets. In my case now I know to make sure I gain complete focus then carefully get out of the bath. I can imagine how much it could intefere with a simple thing like taking a shower!! Good to hear you are taking steps forward, & you will continue to because GOD IS helping you...I think your mother & him will get you through this!! I feel ease right now as I'm writing this
    • Posted

aww tysm smile thats really comforting. i hate anxiety ! it makes you think the worse its hard when the symptoms are present rolleyes
    • Posted

I know in a way its like your really feeling something that's not real! I also started to experience the depersonalization ( never diagnosed) but feel as if I'm trapped inside a dream and like I'm not connected to this world, a sense of disconnection in my whole being ... looking in the mirror not seeing my real self. Does that sound like what your talking about?
    • Posted

omg yes! im sitting here on the couch watching tv with my bf and it doesnt feel real it scares me sometimes i feel like im gonna lose my mind ive had it since thanksgiving rolleyes it feels like i died and this is my after life its weird to explain
    • Posted

Wow has it been constant like everyday 24 hrs?? I feel for you... I have only started experiencing it the past couple weeks on and off . Yes its weird but I noticed that if I do more things socially or even just get out for a walk and change my surroundings it helps. I think mine could be caused by keeping to myself ... So I just feel alone & like there is no world around me . I feel like I need to explore things(instead of hiding in the problems this brings) ,things that could potentially make me happy and make me feel like I am truly living. I believe I am disappointed with stuff in real life and that's what led me to this "unreal life" ... I wonder if I am not real or if the world around me is not real. It can be depressing but unfortunately I think depression and anxiety are good friends
    • Posted

well off and on when i get other symptoms of anxiety i start focusing on that its like a never ending cycle also when i focus on the derealization and start thinking about it it gets worse i keep believing everyday is one step closer to my healing plus after i stress i notice it comes apparently derealization happens because its protecting your brain from stress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.