I think it might be coming back anyone had 2 prolape in year

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi those of you that remember me will know that had a prolapse in feb this year and had to have 4 months off work i see consultant he said i needed op so book me in for it well by the time the op date came round i was getting better, and on the morning of op consultant said to leave me as getting better on own and he would see me in 6 weeks. I went back in 6 weeks and i was nearly back to normal so he discharged me, that was about 4 weeks ago and i have been fine not even on the meds no more.

But yesterday i did a bit of a spring clean its hard not to as i felt fine better than i have done for ages but last night i started getting a little pain in left leg and its still there today when i sit down and stand up not a great pain just a little ache iam hopeing that i have just pulled a muscle or something but iam so worried it going to start all over again. What i wanted to know is has this happened to anybody else after getting better thank you for reading pls reply if u can .

Stacey

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes i have experienced this i felt better for about 8 weeks then all the old signs game back mine is now on going i have been told by pain clinic this is how i am going to be they will just drug me up for the pain i am now waiting for an infusion more drugs but you have to put up with the side effects or be in pain, i hope you are just having a bad day and you wont go down that road again good luck. ps i had a prolapsed disc but the surgeon operated on the wrong level he did L3 instead of L4 1 yr later they operated again to do the correct level and thats when i felt better for 8 wks now i have to prove medical negligence
  • Posted

Hi

Thanks for the reply sorry to hear that they done your op wrong i hope that you can pprove them wrong i did wonder cos when i went in for mine they wrote in perment marker on my back saying l5 s1 so now i know why but then they never done op so had to wait for marker to go i hope that you get sorted out soon i think that maybe i just did to much its easy to forget when u have no pain as today it dont seem to bad

Speak soon let us know hw u get on

Stacey

• Posted

hi had a decompession op 6 weeks ago been good no sorenes untill yoday little bit sore in my bum cheek hope it's just a blip,going back to see the consultant in two weeks see wot they say?
  • Posted

Sorry to hear about your relapse but hope it's not prolapsed disc again. In early Dec 06 I had surgery on the Wednesday & home on Friday. Had horrific night at home so was admitted again on Saturday. Was under pain management until the Thursday when another MRI scan was done. Required further surgery the following Monday. Was great after that and able to get on with normal activities although kneeling to weed etc did cause back ache for a few days. About 5 weeks ago I experienced the symptoms again and had an MRI scan 10 days ago. Am booked for a lumbar injection in early December but past 2 nights the pain has been horrendous and I have to wait up to 10 minutes before urine flow starts. I'm afraid it's looking like I will need surgery so will be contacting my consultant tomorrow. Incidentally I'm only the third person with 3 prolapses my consultant has seen in 10 years.
  • Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear about these horrendous experiences. Mine isn't so bad. But I did have a prolapsed disc at L2 last August (2007). The symptoms were chronic but bearable backache for a few years followed by acute and unbearable pain in the left knee, following which I had an MRI scan and a cortisone lumbar injection which did the trick. I think the prolapse was brought on by lifting heavy furniture which obviously wasn't a good idea. Everything has been OK since the injection, although backpain has been recurring especially after spending 8 hours at the desk.

A couple of weeks ago I stated experiencing pain in my right foot, with occasional numbness and tingling. The only thing I did recently which I can connect to the problem is half an hour pulling up weeds from between the paving stones in my back garden. I've seen a consulatant and physio, who think it's the same thing happening on the other side of my spine. I went for an MRI scan today (11 Nov 08), and I'm awaiting the verdict. A colleague at work tells me he's had 3 slipped discs! Not encouraging! Hope you get well soon though.

• Posted

After reading all these you have all my sympathy, I had a disc prolapse 10 yrs ago L4/5 the doc referred me to a clinic for 3wks sorted it out.

Last year after tearing my calf muscle playing golf it went again 6wks off work, but now it has struck again 4 wks ago. I had mri because i couldn't feel anything in one foot and my movements were sluggish turns out that i have got 2 prolapse discs now L4/5 and L5/S1 with the L4/5 Lateralrecess narrowing whatever that means. Just hope that it gets better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.