I think "Jock Itch" Has spread to my hands?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I recently went to my chemist to get some cream for a case of jock itch. The weather has been so hot lately so I assume I've been sweating more and thats caused it. Anyway I bought some anti-fungal cream for the infection. I applied it for the first time last night after getting out the shower and, thoroughly washed my hands afterwards. However I've got up this morning, showered and applied the cream again. Upon sitting down I saw red marks similar to the ones on my groin. They're mildly itchy and spread down the outter of my index finger.

I'm really worried as I've heard it can take two weeks to clear which means I can't use my hands for two weeks? I dont want to pass it on so what would I do at work for example where we are all touching the same things?

Any advice is massively appreciated.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It can’t possibly be a fungal infection on your hand because it takes 4-10 days for an infection to show up on your skin. If you applied the cream last night and woke up with red marks the next day the red marks are not fungus because it wouldn’t show up on your hand for at least 4 days.  A doctor could tell you what you have on your hand.  To prevent transfer of the fungus to your hand when applying the cream use medical gloves or tissue to apply the cream or wash your hands immediately after applying the cream.   So don’t worry - you most likely did not transfer the infection to your hand.
    • Posted

Well I've had the actual infect over a week and, only just started using cream. But before hand I was washing the infected area 2 - 3 times a day with soap. So my hands would have came into contact with it many times within a 4 - 10 day period. I'm going to treat both areas with the cream but, my main issue is I haven't touched anything all day as I know its very contagious. Just becoming very restless and panicking that I'm unable to do anything involving my hands for two weeks straight? 

• Posted

Ok don’t panic.  I replied to your post because I actually spread it to my hand when I had a skin yeast infection. I’ll try to post a pic of it as I still have a pic.  My hand is totally clear of it for over a year now. When I had it, it was in a small area so I scraped it a little with course sand paper then I applied straight bleach undiluted on the infection with a q-tip for 15 minutes then applied a bandaid.  I repeated it the next day. I had a red/pink scar for about 6 months then the scar disappeared and the hand looks like I never had an injury to the area.  It never came back.
    • Posted

Also, I'm being told I should feel a slight burning sensation. Im not getting this, should I leave it on longer?

• Posted

No because it was a small area and I just wore a bandaid for a week or so. I can’t figure out how to upload the pic!
  • Posted

I used Zilka or Lamisil cream (terbinafine) on my hand but it took a while.  I kept my house cool and tried to work from home as much as possible.  Oral Fluconozole helped and dies not have any side effects.  I wore a white cotton glive at night to prevent spreading it and wore them when working at home (from Walgreens or CVS).  Buy Defense soap bars from Amazon which is a great antifungal soap.  Pop a Phillips Colon HeAlth or probiotic every day to give your body ehat it needs to fight the yeast & eat yogurt.  Finally, slather your hand with Vicks Vapo Rub and wear a glove, it is a natural curative and will ease irritation plus the smell will help you to relax.  Best of luck.

• Posted

Use a cotton swab to apply the cream on the infected skin. And always keep your skin dry to prevent the spread of infections.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.