I think my boyfriend is becoming an alcoholic and I don't know what to do

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that my boyfriend is teetering on the edge of alcoholism and I don't know how to approach it. Have you had to do it before? How did you? How did it go?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Welcome! extremely hard if he does not agree to change. most alchoholics will not admit to the thruth. i was one of them but nearly destroyed me family and my own health. after 20 years of heavy drinking my wife told me to get out and so did my parents. i was looking after 16 months old twin girls and wanted to see them grow up. stopped 8 years ago completely. anybody who can support you?his parents or his brother or sister? best of luck. Robin

• Posted

Welcome! extremely hard if he does not agree to change. most alchoholics will not admit to the thruth. i was one of them but nearly destroyed me family and my own health. after 20 years of heavy drinking my wife told me to get out and so did my parents. i was looking after 16 months old twin girls and wanted to see them grow up. stopped 8 years ago completely. anybody who can support you?his parents or his brother or sister? best of luck. Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.