I think my Fissure is healed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like my fissure healed how long should i wait to stop taking stool softener?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

please tell me how you healed your fissure.  I am so tired of being in pain.  thanks
    • Posted

I know how you feel sad its horrible ... well i went to the doctor and she told me to increase my fiber intake to 25-35g a day and honestly i dont know how much fiber im taking but iam eating alot of veggies fruits and the only meat i suggest to eat is fish and chicken , please follow what im saying i promise it will help , No fast food , no cheese eggs milk NO dairy what so ever no other meats than the ones i told you qnd every day take 2 (Colace docusate sodium) stoolsofterners and and a packet of miralax dissolved in water everyday , and 2 times a day or as much as you can take a bath with hot water and sit for lik 15 to 20 mins , and thats what i did but please follow my lead on eating healthy , it was hard for me , but if you dont follow this ,your fissure wont ever heal nothing but healthy food every day , beans are also great , just look for healthy food that has alot of fiber . I tell you to follow this because one day i was like "i mean i been good i think i should get a burger from jack is just for today " and even though i was still taking my stool softerners .. i guess my fissure had barely healed but it opened again that day and it felt so horrible so please eat healthy everyday , no bread , and please update me on how it went for you it took me 2 weeks to heal mine

• Posted

Mine healed two years ago, but remember, it’s always there and all it takes is one hard bowel movement and it could be back to square one. Therefore, in my opinion, you should always take a stool softener. As I have posted in the past, three tablespoons of cold milled flax powder along with a stool softener does the trick for me. The price for both is very reasonable at Costco. I’m 66 and have had this problem since I was in my twenties. This is the first time in my life I have gone two years without a reoccurrence. I am 100% certain this is because of flax seed and stool softener. 
  • Posted

What if im planing to have a baby ? Can i still take them
  • Posted

Flax is not a problem. Ask your doctor about stool softeners.
  • Posted

So my fissure re open today ;( it didnt hurt alot but idk why it opened what do i do ? sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.