I think my ribs have fallen

Posted , 5 users are following.

in September I had a total break of my lumbar all of them broke. One in June just thought I had a sore back I'm getting old (61) another in August. I ignored this my daughter was getting married. September the rest went and I was in the hospital for a month. 

I have a walker to help around the house and I now have a wheelchair to go any distance. I am getting worse I don't do anything but sit and when I do get up to go to the bathroom. I feel like my ribs drop and I can't breathe. Can anyone out there relate and help?

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

shirley 1955193, Well...I'm reaching out again to see if I will hear back from you and/or kathleen1792. I too would love to share our experiences with this horrible osteoporosis disease. It's been a couple of months since I first reached out, but have not heard of any new posts by either of you. I hope to this time. I hope you both are doing well and are finding your way through this maze.

• Posted

Life has been hell. But I am blaming the wrong disease. My doctor pointed this out. The Osteoporosis causes me to brake. The Marfans is causing the connective tissue issue. Why my ribs keep coming out of place. It has only happened that one time this year, thank God. I mean that. Thank you Lord for this. 

I have started to loose a lot of weight and opening this will help. I dropped 30 lbs in around 7 weeks. I started pedaling a recumbent bicycle. With this I am almost laying in a recliner type of position. Very easy on my body and a great workout. I need to loose another 20-30 lbs. Today i weigh in at 160 lbs. Becuase of my bones being hollow I will be down around 130-140 lbs in a very short time. I am almost 6 feet tall. With an arm span of 6'5". At one time I stood 6'1". 

I have not slept but maybe three hrs at a time in months. Sleep sucks. Every move is torture. But I refuse to quit. 

Thanks for caring. means a lot. You have no idea. Everyone who has commented. Goes to ones heart. 

• Posted

Go in and see my heart doctor in a little under a month. Scanning my Aorta to see if it has swollen. If memory serves me last time it was at 4 and if it goes over 5 I believe they call it mill-a-meters I go in for open heart. This has to do with the Marfans. It attacks the Aorta. Not the valve but the Aorta it's self. They will wrap it in gray tape. What the doctor told me it looks like. Gray tape. I feel like I need to be on an old episode of Red-Green. Held together with duct-tape..lol

• Posted

Stay stong in mind even if not in bone. Your heart problem takes priority, and I like your sense of humour. Your condition will give you problems true. But do what you can. I have only ever met one person who had Marfans and he was a child. I wish you lots of luck with your heart procedure. Take care.

• Posted

I am sorry the people you are trying to reach have not responded. Sometimes people need to stop reading the forum for a bit and then, later, return. I am certain they have not seen your request. I remember your history and I hope you are coping ok. It certainly is not easy, but even if you can't contact the people you are trying to reach, some of us are happy to listen and give support where and when you need it. xx

• Posted

Another night up at 2 am tonight. This is hell on earth. Before i could sleep and not walk. Now I can walk and not sleep. It hurts when laying down. After a few hrs I can not move but must for the pain hurts so bad. To move takes screaming or causes me to scream in pain. I don't remember the last night I slept more then a few hrs at a time. I take nothing for pain but aspirin. Done the pain med thing and never going back to that. 

Going to try an sleep. Wish me luck. Thanks again everyone for caring. Means a lot you have no idea. 

• Posted

I do care...so sorry to hear your pain. I too try to do this whole pain thing without those horrible pain meds (opioids, etc.). It's not an easy life, is it? My heart truly goes out to you. I'm at a place, and have been for awhile now...sleep fairly good, but having great difficulty getting up and moving around...I'd like to at least try and day or two or maybe a week the other way around. Marfan's, my goodness...I didn't know you had that along with the osteoporosis. Good luck on your heart doc visit. My best to you OsteoMan. I'll pray for you to have a good night sleep tonight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.