I think my thyroid may be underactive

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 53 lady, active and have a very good vegetarian diet. I have been feeling very tired for sometime and my long hair has been falling/ thinning out and I get a tingling feeling in my hands and feet. I don't feel to well most of the time

I've had a fasting blood test done .

My results for Thyroid TSH says... High 460. Free T4 14.4

My Vitamin D Roche Cobas levels are... 211.9

Vitamin B12 ....high 1434

My GP says there is nothing to worry about. I don't know why but I don't believe him. Can anyone advise please.

Patimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I typically keep my TSH at between 1.0 and 2.5 which are the best levels for me. There is much controversy about this but my endo now uses less than 2.5-3.0 TSH as normal for thyroid. Essentially, whatever value you feel good at.

I don't know much about the B12 but the 1434 value appears to be very high, although I'm not sure about the units or lab reference range.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.