I think that I have hpv

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had sex with a guy, and a few days later, some bumps appeared around the vaginal opening. I went to the doctor and I took the std test (I'm still waiting for the results). The doctor said that I probably had hpv. I did some research and apparently, hpv symptoms appear months and even a year after being infected. So, my question is: is it possible that this guy infected me with hpv or I had it for months and now the symptoms appeared? If this guy didn't infect me, I'm worried because I have no clue of who could have infected me, and I'm concerned about the fact that I could have been infecting other people without knowing it.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi bonniee,

Have you been vaccinated with Gardasil? If you have, then you are unlikely to have genital warts.

If you haven't, then what you've written about HPV are broadly correct, although it is unlikely that warts would appear so soon after sexual contact with a new partner.

When you doctor says you 'probably have HPV', it suggests they are not entirely confident about the diagnosis, so consider posting a picture of the "warts" for an opinion.

Adhari

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I have been vaccinated of the HPV that causes cancer, but it is possible to manifest the warts although being vaccinated. I think that the warts appeared now because I'm having a lot of stress, and I have low defences. I'm also posting the picture, one of the first day of the symptoms, and another one of now (it's been like 4 days between one and another) so maybe you can help me. Thanks a lot! (don't be worried about the red colour on the second photo, I'm menstruating)

imageimage

• Posted

I can't be certain...maybe wait for your period to end. Not so close up, please, but in focus.

• Posted

OK, I will wait for my period to end and then check it out again. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.