I think theres something still stuck in my scar!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I had an accident where a big piece of glass got stuck in my foot, my skin has healed but the scar is ugly with some discoloration and I have a stinging pain from time to time in it. I did go to the hospital when it happened but it was in a foreign country and they did not do anything but wrap it up. Are these signs that glass may still be inside my foot?

Thank you, any answer is welcomed.

-E.K.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I suggest you get it looked at by going to A&E where they will check if there's anything actually been left in it and if there is they will remove it

• Posted

Also you should have a tetanus shot if you haven't already had one

• Posted

Thank you for the reply! I will get it checked sooner or later but I cannot right away. I travel a lot and I don't want to pay a huge medical bill where I am right now. A tetanus shot? I did not get one but do I really need it? It has been 2 months now since this happened.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.