I thought I had plantar fascitas for 3 years but MRI shows nothing!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I got my MRI results back today and it showed that my feet were perfectly normal. I don't understand. For 3 years I've been doing everything and treating my feet for pf- exercises, cortizone, shockwave therapy, pt, orthotics...but I have no idea what else it could possibly be, any ideas?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My knee consultant told me that scan results are not a guide ti how much pain a person feels.  My knee looks awful on a scan but pain is mild.  The scan on my upper arm showed nothing but the rotator cuff syndrome I had was agonising.  My GP told me he treats patients, not scans.  Having said that I feel at least two scans I have had have helped me to manage the conditions they showed.  Good luck with your PF.  I have written at some length how I managed to control mine with aircast airheels.
  • Posted

Julia,, I have been dealing with this for 5 years +.. chances are you have a nerve pinched.. I just had surgery from a fantastic doc here in the states.. he found a nerve (medial plantar nerve) with a strange branch growing backwards under my heal.. he cut it out!! been 2 weeks. so still feeling some surgical pain but.. I have a strong feeling that I am fixed!!! keep in touch.  Oh and it did not show on a fresh and very high quality MRI!!,  the nerves rarely show. You could have something weird like me or a Baxter's nerve entrapment.. look it up on google and youtube.
  • Posted

Man, that is depressing! This is such an awful thing to get especially if u have it as bad as I do. Some people have light cases of it....and some are almost bedridden like me. Some days I want to give up but I do have faith that my God is going to heal me. I just wish He would hurry. Quality of life is no good for as young as I am...54. I have had to purchase a mobility scooter to get around. And now I'm about to see a Dr for depression.  God help us all....I don't want to live like this. Every step I take is excruciating. Thanks for listening.
    • Posted

See my comment to Julia!! If it doesnt go away... its probably a nerve issue..
  • Posted

Hi, probably not related to your problem but had PF for a couple of yrs

the same lenth of time being on

simvastatin, after several days being off this medication

all the pains went, I was also prescribed pain killerTramadol

which made me dizzy and then caused convulsions,

In future I will study all the side effects of medication given me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.