I thought I was alone. I need advice.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with achalaisia at the age of 10. I am 27 now ant for the first time ever I know of other people who also suffer from Achalaisia.

I have so many questions. I don't know where to start.

First of all. How do I go about clearing my esophagus? I have read that it is important but I have no idea how.

Secondly, I suffer regularly from excruciating chest pains, above my stomach and under my sternum. I have learned that this is caused by a spasm of the sphincter between the stomach and esophagus. Are there any home remedies and or medication that helps in relieving the pain?

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There is no way to clean out the esophagus that I know of. As for spasms, I only had them after I had my POEM operation, and drinking ice cold water helped to alleviate the pain a lot. Have you tried taking diltiazem?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.