I thought I was better !?!?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi has anyone got any ideas or answers to this. I feel as if where my gallbladder was, was resting on my intestines or something and now that area feels very tender particularly before I need loo. I Don't know what really happened in my surgery they said it was a struggle to remove it with stones, enlarged and inflamed. I wonder if it was suck to somewhere . I have asked my gp who has no idea the report to her said I was admitted kept over night and discharged with antibiotics, that's all she knows. Glad my gb gone but the after care and advice is non existent. Thanks for any advice/opinions.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

When did you have your op? My gallbladder was very inflamed due to me being constantly ill for five months, took about a year for everything to settle down.
  • Posted

Sounds like inflammation, but it's known that stones can be caught in bile duct. Would if it was myself go back to the doctor ask for an ultra scan to check it out.
  • Posted

Hi susan and janet thanks for replying like a lot of us its 3.30 am and im on here looking for answers, can't sleep! It's encouraging to know that recovery can take a year. Ive seen my doctor and had blood tests but only did them because I asked and I don't know what my inflammatory markers were when I still had my gb they were very high. I don't even know if he did them he just said cholesterol a bit high everything else fine. He is going to refer me for a scan but only because I say im in pain. My op was 5 months ago. I asked gp if I should be completely better and he said yes but as I say his report from the hospital had no information on it , I saw it on his computer and so to my mind he doesn't know if there were any complications. anyway thanks for replying I'll go and make a cup of tea now :-)
    • Posted

Nothing worse than not being able to sleep especially when you're in pain, I was told many surgeons won't do keyhole surgery on inflamed gallbladders because they can be difficult. Mine was the only one allowed to do it in the hospital I was in. Dr also told me that it takes a lot longer to get over the op when it's been inflamed as it will have affected other nearby organs, tissues etc.

Hope you begin to feel better soon.

• Posted

Thanks susan that's very interesting and to my mind logical that area around would also be inflamed. I feel they are so busy taking gb's out its a case of its out problem solved when in truth we have to go and learn individually how to manage our case. Can I ask are you completely better now?
    • Posted

I get the odd acid stomach but other than that I'm fine - if you ignore the broken ankle and foot. My surgeon kept letting me go back to see him till I truely felt I was improving.
    • Posted

Oh no! good news that gb a success not so good about the ankle/foot take care hope you up and about soon
  • Posted

Did you know you can ring your surgeons Secretary and ask for a full report on your op and its findings, if in England a service called Pals at hospitals is there for patients. They are very helpful and if no luck with getting answers ring them for advise.

My gb removed via keyhole, apart from niggling issues have been lucky.

But due to other gut ailments still struggling daily, so wish you well and hope your sorted soon.

• Posted

Hi janet just in case it is of interest to you my friend suffered terribly with diverticulitis for years 8 years. 3 years ago she started taking manuka honey 3 times a day she was a bit unimpressed at first but stuck with it after 3months she has not had an attack since. Its a bit expensive but if it makes you well its worth it.
    • Posted

Thanks for info will look into it, have to way it up as not meant to have honey, sets my IBS off. Worth looking into though.
  • Posted

Thank you janet I did not know that I shall look into it on monday. I would not be so concerned if I knew maybe things were a bit more complex and recovery will take longer instead of well you should be better by now, makes you worry in the middle of the night if something else is wrong and youve not explained yourself properly to gp! Glad your gb op successful and hope your other issues can be sorted.
  • Posted

If you get ill at anytime and your concerned then go to the A&E.

I was away from home and ended up in Exeter A&E, who found I had gallstones much to my surprise as always been told on everyemergency admittance back home it was a diverticulitus attack. So atLast had results and had emergency op. And then further gallstones and gallbladder removed. Felt so much better, which I hope you will be soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.