I thought I was doing so well ! I'm cross with myself :(

Posted , 8 users are following.

Where does this end ? I really thought I was getting somewhere ! I'm not going to bore you all with stuff you already know , just realised just how difficult this all is ! 

To be honest , I know my life is tough plus with little motivation is harder . I know life is great in the day without ! but when it gets to tea time , and I'm so upset with how the people ion my house are I need a glass. But its not just then ! I woke up this morn knowingh this was the day to stop !!!! after bad dreams etc and feelings of what the hell did I say etc , here I am again ! Yes again !!!! had a bottle of wine in the middle of the afternoon . I'm not proud smile

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey ok you slipped up, we've all been there at some point. Try not to dwell on it . Concentrate on how well you were doing and that this is just a blip.

i don't know what's going on with the people in your house, don't let them get to you.

you can manage ok during the day without drinking which is great. It maybe because your working or doing something that occupies your mind. In other words is there anything you can do, hobbies or friends which takes you away from thinking about alcohol.

you might not be proud of yourself, but you've recognised you slipped up. Time now to pick yourself up and go back to how you were before

• Posted

Thank you Vicky ;ou smile 

I really appriciate your words thank you x

• Posted

Rainbow, this site wasn't working for me earlier and I lost everything I wrote.  Ticked me off!!!!

I have not been on the alcohol forum for awhile.  Partially because I feel like I'm continuously repeating myself.  Like, I quit drinking, I started again, I quit, I started.  It's like a never ending cycle.  I totally feel for you.  

My husband just had knee surgery and has shoulder surgery next month and then other shoulder being done 4 months later.  Long story short....he'll be home almost 9 months from work.  Talk about stress.

I've learned not to be so hard on myself.  If you quit for 1 week or 2 weeks or a month that's a lot less damage you're doing.  You're giving your body a break.  

For us, there is never a good time to quit and there is always a reason to drink. But, think of it on a positive note that you're always trying and those breaks in between are good!  

Doctors told my husband he can't have surgery unless he quits smoking.  Nicotine is terrible for healing.  And I can't take care of him if I'm drinking.  So, this week we are both going to try to quit our addictions (once again).  If I fail, I'll try again.  

One day we'll get this right.  Please don't give up hope!  Like I said...think of the well needed time your body needs without it.  Think of the hard work you put into trying to quit.  Some people don't care if they drink themselves to death.  You are not like that and neither am I.

Remember, the healthy breaks are needed.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  Once I learned not to it got easier on me anxiety wise.  

Hang in there!  Ox  Many blessing to both of us who keep trying.  That's the important thing!!! 

• Posted

I know exactly where you are coming from. It's almost like if someone offers you a wine glass which gives you happiness and an instant relief from daily troubles or says to do without and you have to feel negative and awful the choice is simple! But....... Motivation and positive thinking and swapping alcohol for say extreme exercise is key. It's getting to that point. Everyone's point of stopping is different xxxxx

• Posted

Thank you so much Kelly ! It really is so important to have supoort from people like yourself that understand and I really thank you for that help smile . I have woken up for the last week saying that I'm going to help myself by cutting down or stopping then something gets in the way !! I do know and realsie that I am the only one to hel myself and I will try my very best from tomorrow to stop ! Excerice is the best way I agree and I will do this . I hope you are well and I also thank you xxx

• Posted

Hope you're ok. I'm TOTALLY off the alcohol forum as I just waste time.

• Posted

I'm just so glad to have found this forum

I think it's like therapy realising your own words as you write them

Good to know we are not alone x

• Posted

Kelly you are just as important to me & many others here who need your support and advice. smileYour posts are never a waste of time. Nor are they any different than most who have their ups & downs. I like your suggestions on how to manage the times when triggers are difficult to avoid around. Even to have those little breaks are good too!

Wishin you the best on helping your husband with his quit on smoking it's so hard to quit. There are many meds for blocking nicotine cravings just as there are for al cravings. You can do your best and continue to help others by posting how your doing.

I am my husbands sole caretaker & a mom of a Alcoholic son. Each year my hubby's health fails a little more, who is disabled. He depends on me for everything. We were once young and strong he was so beautiful inside and out. It's so worth it every minute I have him. He has taken care of me over the years thru many surgeries with such patience and love. 

Prepare fav foods , jello, puddings and all the things available to aid him ahead of time. I froze a lot of protien shakes ahead of time for heeling.2400 calories a day is needed to recover from surgery.This will save a lot of time & frustration plus help him feel better.

Keep me posted on how it goes with everything.take it one day at a time.

Peace & Heeling

H4C

• Posted

I am so grateful to read that you took the time to thank Kelly for responding to your post! That shows a lot of courage and character!

peace & heeling

H4C

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.