I thought it was never going to improve

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have got to say the most annoying and stubborn condition I have ever had.  16 months ago it started and if I knew then what I know now, Things would be different.  Take it seriously as it becomes chronic and debilitating trust me.  I almost had to crawl out of bed each morning.  I thought I was going to become a cripple.  Stretch those calves ten times a day.  Stretch the plantar every time you sit down.  YouTube can show you this.  Rest your feet.  Find the most cushioning supportive shoes you can with at least a one inch heal.  Get orthotics to put in your shoes.  Dose up on magnesium.

good luck to you all 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Della, 

Just curious.. how much magnesium do you take?  I take that every day, just maybe not enough?

Let me know and yes.. PF is the worst pain that anyone could possibly have.. that is for sure!!!!!

Thanks,  Aimee

• Posted

Hi Aimee

I have been taking two x 150mg tabs but also eating the Schuessler Mussle Salts, which I swear by for any kind of muscle soreness.  Two of the most important things though are stretching the calves and plantar muscle.  I did notice a couple of times I went out, the pain subsided and I worked out that whilst out to dinner I had my foot curled over the rung of a bar stool, which must of stretched the plantar for a couple of hours straight.  So now I sit at home with my feet rested on a kitchen rolling pin and roll the feet on that continually and occasionally stand on the rolling pin to get the same effect.  I was using ice but now warm baths and stretching.  It is getting better but I have also made extre effort to rest it as well. 

• Posted

Hi Della,

Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate it.  Today, I have been feeling pretty good, feet have been a little sore, especially in the morning.. but that is to me expected.  Although, they felt a little better this morning.  I have been wearing shoes specifically for PF and they are starting to help me.

Anyways, just got to keep staying positive.  Also, putting my feet up helps a lot too when needed.

Thanks,  Aimee

• Posted

Della, Thursday night was awful from the time my shift at work started til I got off. Before I left home to go to work something told me to put my crutches in the car just in case the pain in my foot got worse. It’s a good thing I did because by the time 8 o’clock rolled around the pain was unbearable.  I’m can tolerate pain til it gets to the point that it’s  unbearable.  When it gets to that point it leaves me no choice but to get back on the crutches to get my weight off of it. For the last couple of weeks that’s what I’ve had to do. Hopefully it won’t get to the point today that I’ll have to be on crutches today I’m so hoping I won’t. But only tome will tell. Have a good day Della. Jason
    • Posted

Yours is chronic!  you need to take time off and set aside that time to continually stretch and rest for a bit.  Make sure your shoes are cushioning and have at least a one inch heel raise.  Hope this improves for you.  It is a.very stubborn condition but don’t give up.
  • Posted

get some support orthotics to support your arches - will help a lot. get them from a Podiatrist - one appointment- her fee about £30 and the orthotic £10. If you find one foot doesnt get on with the arch support she can put a soft lining on it which will help a lot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.