I thought "night sweats" was all menopause related WRONG I was!

Posted , 7 users are following.

WebMD comes to my email daily today it was about why we have night sweats and I was shocked to see all the reasons and menopause was down the list aways.

Overactive Thyroid

Low Blood Sugar

Sleep Apnea

Acid Reflux

Lymphoma ( and other cancers)

Medications

Tuberculosis

Anxiety

HIV

Tumors

Menopause

Infection

Pheochromocytoma

Pheochromocytoma

This rare tumor that grows in the adrenal glands usually isn't cancerous, but it can cause your body to make too many hormones, which raise your blood pressure and cause night sweats, headache, and a racing pulse. Most people with a pheochromocytoma are between 20 and 50. You're more likely to have it if you have a hard time controlling your high blood pressure or have family members who've had one or a related genetic disorder.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I stay away from sites like that....I drive myself crazy looking at all of the things that could possibly be! My thought is....if we are menopausal age and have other menopause symptoms the odds are high the night sweats are menopause related.  🙂

• Posted

Menopause and night sweats are like 2 peas in a pod. Everything else on that list is for those people who have other medical conditions or issues going on who are rarely going through perimenopause smack dab in the middle of it.

Underactive and over active thyroid do cause this problem more in women than in men. So take you kelp or potassium iodide to prevent this from happening.

Most cancers start because the body is too acidic, with lack of iodine and drinking too many diet sugar latent sodas, hot dogs and over processed foods. Therefore, during perimenopause it'simportant to eat super healthy foods, with plates full of veggies and fruits with some protein.

• Posted

Don't believe everything you read, if your at menopausal age it will probably be the start of the peripausal/menopausal

• Posted

I agree with you.  Women in menopause and their doctors are likely to assume that all the symptoms they're having are all related to menopause.  As a result, I believe that they discount, or ignore symptoms that could be pointing to other health  problems that can become serious.

For instance an acquaintance of mine had symptoms she and her gyn attributed to menopause.  She had an adrenal tumor and had to have surgery.

Scientific research has proved that cancer is caused by genetic mutations that occur by chance. Our bodies are made up of cells that divide constantly.  Because of that, chances are that cancer causing mutations will occur randomly.  

Of course, it is best to have healthy habits, including eating.  But cancer can occur even if you are hyper-healthy in your habits.  As for cancer developing because of high sugar intake, certainly, eating poorly does not do one's body any good.  But all cells use glucose for fuel, not just cancer cells.

Thanks for posting this! xxx   

• Posted

Hello, this post is old but if anyone will read I reassure you that this kind of tumor and peri symptoms are totally different. I had this tumor back in 2013 had headaches and fatigue a lot!!! BUT it presents with very very high blood pressure . I had surgery and all is good now with that. but now I am in Peri and its different. So , donr be scared about this tumor ,, trust me its different kind of headache and heart palpitations, it is due adrenaline BUT Peri is different.

Hope this helped!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.