I to have CFS

Posted , 8 users are following.

my name is rachel, i'm 35 & i live in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, 4 years ago i was diagnosed with CFS/ME, i would like to talk to anyone with the same as me. 6 yrs ago i was working nites at the local supermarket & all got too much, the doc i went & seen quoted from blood tests that i had suspected hep c, stopped over nite at the emu unit at the hospital, two sets of blood tests & whammy, diagnoses CFS/ME. Four years on tired, painful joints & all the rest. Sleeping is all over the place, my thoughts of what i would like to say don't come out too well, if you would like to offer me any words i would be most greatful, rachel.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Rachel. I am in Rugby, about 25 miles from Nuneaton. Is it the George ELiot Hospital you were in? Dr Patel runs a very good CFS/ME clinic at GEH. I am fortunate that Cov & Warwick PCT will allow me to attend as there is nothing for ME in our PCT. If you are not going to this clinic already I suggest you ask your GP to refer you and if he will not, find yourself one who will. Dr Patel has no magic answers because there are none, but he and his registrars are excellent and giving coping strategies and lifestyle advice, plus medications to help with the symptoms if they are needed.

It did surprise me to read that you were diagnosed with ME after blood tests as there is currently no diagnostic test for ME. It is usually diagnosed after extensive elimination tests to rule out anything else. Perhaps that is what you meant, sorry if I have misunderstood.

Welcome to the boards though. Having people to talk to who understand is as good, if not better, than lots of medication that often makes you feel worse, well in my case anyway as I am quite intolerant to drugs and alcohol, as many people with ME are.

• Posted

Hi Rachel

Yes, welcome to the club. If you find the time and energy, do read through some of our earlier postings and you will see just how helpful this forum can be. We are all very supportive of each other and it really does help tremendously to know that there are others out there in the same boat. As I'm sure you have found it is a very isolating illness and very hard for non-sufferers to understand.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Katie smile

• Posted

Hi Rachel

Do keep in touch - if only for a laugh!

Not sure of your age but I was diagnosed last October but probably likely to of had ME for longer than that but as you probably know diagnosing ME is like building a portfolio of evidence then its diagnosed.

Moving on... I happened to find this site through a printed info sheet given to me by my doctor and have never looked back. There are some fab postings on here some funny and some not! I knwo its probably hard to concentrate but have a go I promise it will bring at least a smile to your face. All the postings are from people like us who live with this illness. As you can imagine some of the postings have lots of spelling mistakes or appear like they are written under the influence of alcohol - esp mine!

Keep in touch

donna x

• Posted

I think in Donna's case they may well be written under the influence. she seems to be one of the few who can tolerate the stuff, lucky thing. :roll:
  • Posted

Hi Rachel

Im Jay from sunny bournemouth

A Quicky from me, i was diagnosed 8 years ago with M.E and have suffered like us all, lost alot threw it and hope one day to get cured and rebuild my life again

I love this forum, its so good to share your experiences with others and even just to sit here and listen to others who are in the same boat, its nice to know your not the only one suffering, i do hope youll come back and enjoy us all as we do have a good old laugh on here to

Take care

Jay xox

• Posted

Hi Rachael

I'm Michelle from Plymouth, I have CFS/ME as well, I'm 31 with a 10 yr old daughter. I have found this site to be a god-send, really friendly people who truly understand what you're experiencing.

Take care

Michelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.