I too have a 7 yr old boy with achalasia. At the moment...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I too have a 7 yr old boy with achalasia. At the moment he is awaiting open surgery at Cardiff Hosp. I would also like to contact another mother in the same situation. (Unfortunately, as is our policy, the telephone number has been removed)

[i:9482fac133]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:9482fac133]

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i'm Eilidh and i'm 11 years old and i also have been diagnosed with Achalasia and i know how horrible and stressing it can be . at the moment i'm waiting on my Heller Myotomy that will take place on 13/11/08 and am currently being fed through a nasogastric tube because i just cant keep anything down. your son must be very brave as i am finding life with Achalasia very hard . tell him to just keep positive and stay strong xxx
    • Posted

Hi Eilidh, just wondering if u still active in this forum. Hope you are doing well after op. Please reply if you do, I've a 15 years old daughter who needs some advice.

Thank you🌻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.