I took 150 Tramadol in 24 days.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am fairly concerned that I have become dependent on them. I without a doubt abused them and now am paying the price for it. There was about a week in between where I didn't have any so I have taken 90 in the past 13 days. I took my last pill Saturday night and today is Monday morning. So far I just feel like I have the flu. I felt bad yesterday but that improved yesterday afternoon briefly. I slept ok last night but am very sick this morning. Just wanted some input on what you guys think. I am a bigger guy around 6 ft tall and 230 pounds.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Georgia, you've certainly been on a Tramadol spree. I'm guessing you're a little afraid now. Well as you say you are a big guy so it looks like you've got away with taking such a large dose in a short period. You must have either been in some pain, or getting some buzz from them. If you are hooked now but want to get off them, I would suggest you reduce them gradually. Although you say you went a week without taking any. So perhaps you could just leave them alone. Believe me if you carry on taking them at the rate you have, you will be in trouble. Mentally and physically.

• Posted

Pam,

No worries on taking any more as I am uninterested. I went a week because I ran out and I am not out again. So with that being said, how possible is it to become truly "dependent" in about 11 days in your opinion.

• Posted

And yes sure I was taking them for some bad pain at first then for the high.
    • Posted

I have been taking Tramadol for years. I have always taken them every other day. I did this from the start, not because I dreamed I could ever become dependent on them, but because I thought they wouldn't always be effective for the pain I'm in. Doctors always said that I should take them every day, as prescribed as to be in pain was worse than taking the mess. They were so wrong. I cannot go 2 days without them so I am addicted to the bloody things. If you are quite young get off them if you can. Don't let them rule your life as they do mine. I don't think you can get addicted if you take them for just a short period. But all analgesics are addictive taken over long periods. Good luck...

• Posted

That should say taking the meds, not mess.
    • Posted

I have no plans on continuing use in the future. I have experienced some flu like symptoms since Saturday including stomach issues. I have gagged a few times as well. It's amazing how dangerous these things are.

• Posted

Pam,

You still around? You are the only one who I got to comment. Today was the first day I couldn't eat dinner. I ate a sub for lunch tho. My mom told me to take liquid immodium. I feel like I have the flu, really really congested and my head is killing me. Also urinating a bunch. I went to work today for a couple hours. I had some restless leg last night for a little while, it even included my arms. But I was able to go to sleep within an hour I would assume. Any thoughts, I mean is it really possible that I am having withdrawals truthfully and I don't mean that in a condescending way. It was just a seemingly short time.

• Posted

Hey Georgia, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. It does sound like you are having withdrawals. I think it's because of the amount you were taking. When I left them off for 2 days I got terrible restless legs and arms. I have seen from other posts on this site that some have felt flu like and headaches. If you can keep going, without taking any Tramadol, I'm sure you'll start to feel better in a week or so. If you are worried at all then send your doctor. Good luck mate.

• Posted

I meant see your doctor. I hate predictive text..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.