I took 24 co-codamol Sunday night (30/500) what’s going to happen?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I took 24 co codamol at once Sunday night... Monday morning started being sick about 9am and carried on being sick all day the last time I threw up was 8.30 this evening.. what’s going to happen next? Has it passed? Or will I continue to be ill? It was a stupid heat of the moment decision as I’ve been on them for 2 weeks due to a car accident and being in pain. Anyone who’s been through something similar I would really appreciate your stories and what happened to you step by step so I can prepare myself 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I would suggest visiting your doctor or emergency department and having your liver tested. co-cocodamol has paracetamol in it which is highly damaging to the liver.

Vomiting can be a sign of liver failure

Take care

Mon x

• Posted

Let me preface my story by saying you really should go to a hospital. The concern is paracetamol toxicity. It can be lethal. You might be fine, and you might not get any symptoms, but you really should be safe.

I once took 20 tablets with a large amount of paracetamol. It was a similar stupid, spur of the moment decision. I got sick the next morning as well. Threw up a few times and freaked out majorly. I was lucky that it was nothing more than that. I've since had blood and liver function tests and am fine, but it's very dangerous. Again, you might be fine, I don't want you to panic or freak out.

• Posted

You need to get yourself to your nearest A&E Dept immediately. You're symptoms are likely to get worse. That amount of paracetamol in your system may have damaged your organs so by going to the Hospital straightaway they can determine what damage has been done by doing bloods. Please, go now. I really hope you've done no lasting damage. X

• Posted

Paracetamol is lethal in large amount! in fact a women in the uk die from 12 500mg tablets! Your body is responding to the toxic level in your body. You should off had your stomach pumped for that amount. Never do that amount again or it could be the last! good luck

Nathan

• Posted

Hi - wanted to find out how you got on? I hope you’re ok.  There were a few scary replies - did you seek medical help?

Please god you’re ok. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.