I took esmya for last 3 months but my fibroids remain as it is...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is there any natural medicine to cure fibroids?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did you get any side effects from the esmya?  I have only heard of some herbal remedies such as Agnus Castus and Milk Thistle but of course these will work for some people and others not. Im not sure if they can shrink your fibroids but Ive read they can lessen the symptons such as heavy periods - Ive not tried them myself.   
  • Posted

Hi, awaiting the prescription from GP. Will keep informed what happens if anything have heard they do shrink for some but depends what type they are so varying degrees of success. They will however grow back within 6 months. At the moment you can only have 2 courses with a break of 2 months in between. If surgery not done in this time the periods in the 2 month period after endometrium growing for 3 months should be horrendous. Not too much to look forward to, just want an end to this now. 
  • Posted

I was prescribed esmya for three months and my fibroid didn't shrink at all, still 8cm penduculated hanging in there. Removed almost 5wks ago and best thing I decided to do. My understanding is that the tablets also reduce bleeding during the operation, also stopped my monthly cycle too. 
  • Posted

I had esmya for 9 months, and after 6 weeks, it had reduced by 30%. The licensing laws are changing on this medication, allowing you to take them for longer. You have to have a break for a month inbetween each 3 month course. I had monthly scans st the hospital, to see if there were any ongoing reductions.

My consultant wanted me to take them for 12 months, but after 9 months, I chose to have surgery, and am now recovering for myomectomy, so mine has gone.

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.