I tried ephedrine nasal drops from the pharmacist after ...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I tried ephedrine nasal drops from the pharmacist after the Doc had tried and failed over 4 months to do anything about my tinnitus. I also started St John's wort for the anxiety I was experiencing. Doc wouldn't prescirbe anything for that. I was sure that middle ear/eustacian tube problems were at the root of it. Ephedrine drops started to make a difference after a couple of days. After 5 days the tinnitus had stopped but I started to get nose bleeds. I stopped the drops 4 days ago and still no tinnitus but twice daily nose bleeds, every time I put my head below waist level.

I gladly bleed as I am rid of the maddening life-destroying tinnitus. Only 4 days free, but 4 days of complete joy!!!

David

[i:b4d1cd96fe]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b4d1cd96fe]

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm just about to the start the drops after being diagnosed with and ETD. I really hope they clear my tinnitus.
  • Posted

What technique did you use to make sure the drops reach your eustachian tubes?
    • Posted

Hello Ryan,

Did you use this particular nasal drops? Did it cure the tinnitus?

Neil

• Posted

Just wondering if the nosebleeds stopped and if the tinnitus ever came back? Thanks
  • Posted

I've been told by several doctors that tinnitus can not be cured. I have it really bad. If anyone knows of something please share that info with us.

Mack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.