I tried my_experience' suggestion for curing tinnitus and so far there is improvements

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 2 years ago my_experience suggested staying inside for 2 weeks and not even cooking to stop tinnitus. He said he almost got rid of it doing this. I tried his suggestion partially by simply covering my ears when riding the bus/subway (I will be using ear phones for rifle practice starting tomorrow because regular earplugs don't seem to cut it). And so far during the last two days of doing this there has been improvement to the point where it is tolerable most of the time for most of my activities. There are a few other changes I made the past few days which may have helped, but this is probably the main thing. I can go into more detail id anyone is interested,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Can you give me more details please. How it looks staying 2 weeks at the home? What would you do during the day?

• Posted

I do most of my work at home so this is quite easy. I do go out sometimes, but if I take the subway I use these earphones which are used for shooting. I used to even use these when taking the tram, and even when I was walking outside. Now I just use them on the subway, albeit not all the time. I didn't go to the same extreme the other guy did. So if you have to go out often for your job, just take the shooting earphones wherever you go. You should be able to hear fine. That is what I would do in your situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.