I used birth control pills after intercourse

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had sex with my boyfriend on april 28 and then on 30 ,i took birth control pills twice a day and keept on taking pills twice for another three days,and now im not having.Should i wait for my periods or should i get pregnancy test?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely take a pregnancy test, I would be careful taking two birth control and strongly suggest against it. There is a such thing as birth control overdose which can give you emotional side effects, discolored urine, nausea/vomiting and heavy bleeding. I would suggest taking a Plan B pill or another emergency contraceptive if you are worried about accidental pregnancy after unprotected sex. Plan B and emergency contraceptives are available over the counter at many pharmacies and even Wal-Mart for anywhere between $10-$50 (the brand "My Choice" from Wal-Mart is the cheapest at $10.66).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.