I used to feel dizzy while walking for more than 2 years now. A month ago, it became worse....

Posted , 2 users are following.

My heart was pounding as if uncontrolled. I felt I might faint. My doctor prescribed me Propranolol 40mg and Losartan Pot. 50mg+ Amlodipine 5mg to start with. My BP was 160/110. I felt good for a few days (BP remained high) but again the same symptoms are reappearing i.e. heart palpitation, dizziness, weakness, breathing difficulty and feeling of fainting.

What might be the cause and solution of this problem?

-A 35 y.o. patient from Nepal.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I used to experience exactly the same symptoms as you have described. It was a horrible and quite frightening time. I was taken to hospital on a few occasions and finally after wearing a 48hr monitor I was diagnosed as having Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia. The heart is OK. My arteries are not blocked...apparently I have the arteries of a 35yr old, I am 62, so that was good to hear. I have been on propranolol 40mg 3 day, am also on amlodipine and candesartan for high blood pressure which is being controlled well now. Ithe has been a few years since I had the problems but doing ok now. It took a little while to get to the bottom of the problem and I think until you do you will feel anxious...which doesn't help. Good luck with controlling your symptoms and hope the meds work for you.

• Posted

Hi Debra,

My doctor says my heart valves are all good. I wonder what is the reason behind my heart palpitation, body weakness and dizziness. Doc has reduced the BP medicine to 20mg of Losartan Potasium and 5mg of Amlodipine because he thinks the BP is now getting stable 135/95. Propranolol is 40mg twice a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.