i usually take my beta blocker at 5 am but started to get tingling in my face and lips.

Posted , 3 users are following.

would i be ok to take it at night before bed

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No idea Jane. Ask your  doctor. Does not seem right to me if you get tingling.  Get some doctor advice. I always take mine in the morning about that time with no problem.
  • Posted

Hi jane32307...I agree with muriel. You've started experiencing tingling in the face & lips. How long have you been taking the beta blockers???? If it's a new medicine, likely you're having a reaction to it. As for taking it at 5am or at bedtime, I don't see how it could make a difference in the performance of the medication. I take mine in the mornings...every morning. I that way, all my meds are taken for the day, & there's no worry that I may have missed any of them. By all means check with your doctor about the tingling. Please let us know how you get on.

• Posted

hi mike i have been on these about 3 years now i think i rung the docs she said could be side effects of it.will take it tonight instead of this morning see what happens
    • Posted

jane32307...Glad you contacted the Dr. Although I certainly am not a doctor, I find it very odd that side effects would suddenly pop up after 3 years! Also, I'm a little surprised she didn't tell you to stop taking the tablets. Tingling is not a normal sensation! 

Whether you take the tablet in the morning or at bedtime, I hardly think it would make a difference. Not to alarm you, but don't be surprised if the tingling persists. If so, get back to the doctor., & be a little strong about it if necessary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.