I'v been off hrt for ten years but lost my libido can i go back on it. Sex life nil.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having not been on estegon only hrt for ten years can i go back on it. I'm 63 no get up and go no sex life feeling really low.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I felt the same as you and requested to my G.P to go back on them. She wasn't keen but did blood tests on me and it turned out that my thyroid levels were very low, which she stated  could be the cause of my symptoms.

i'm on thyroid medication now and starting to feel a bit better gradually, apparently it takes time for the medication to get into your system.

• Posted

Chrissy, I am 64 and had been off HRT for 15 years, because of the faulty research and cancer scare they had years ago, and then when I went to the doctor they said basically that after 10 years they don't want to re-start the hormones, and that I was too old.  Really?  Aren't they for older women in the first place?  Anyway, I had to find another doctor.  So you may have to look around, but they are out there.  I would go find someone.  It does make a difference.  I got the pellets and I do feel better.  I am going to get the levels checked again, because I think I should feel better, but don't just take the answer of the first doctor if they don't help you.  Remember, they work for you, not the other way around....  Just because we are old doesn't mean we don't count anymore.

• Posted

Just wondered if you went back on HRT, and if so do you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.