I've been a spin instructor for 21 years just diagnosed with LS

Posted , 4 users are following.

HELP! I am feeling so down. I didn't go into menopause until age 59 (2 year ago ) and was just diagnosed with Lichen Scelerosis. At first I thought tear from thinning of skin due to lack of estrogen. Changed bike seat, hight of seat, took off tight work out clothes. On potent steroid. One area cleared but new patch in different area started today. Is cycling causing this to get worse? My GP said just stop spinning. It helps my mental health. PLEASE ADVISE.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a new area break out after just riding my bike. I deliver with Doordash and Ubereats and have trouble, especially getting in and out of car. friction makes mine act up, at least sometimes. I have an electric bike and will no longer pedal to see if that works. I'm so sorry for your situation, but yes, it probably will make it flare.

• Posted

what brand of toilet paper have you used most often in your life?

• Posted

7th generation. the only one i can find not bleached. expensive, not soft enough. i use the softer side and gently pay dry. I'm thinking of emailing, or calling them to make a softer version.

• Edited

what brand of toilet paper do you use most often in your life? I'm doing research

• Posted

i also have LS i have always been sensitive to toilet paper charmin is one brand i def can't use ! can you keep me updated about your research? im very curious about what you find out.

• Posted

Hawiian Pharm's Coptis helps me. Liquid (swallowed) and applied where it burns. You need gloves, stains yellow. This also got ride of a toenail fungus I'd have for decades, just taken internally!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.