I’ve been back on Prozac for 4 weeks and struggling. Is anyone at the same time frame as me?

Posted , 7 users are following.

im on prozac for the second time and am 4 weeks on 40mg. im not noticing much improvment and feeling scared and hopeless. is anyone at the same stage? im looking to make connections for support!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

I would give it maybe 2 more weeks before drawing any conclusions and then talk to whomever prescribed the medication.

• Edited

I did the same thing and it took between 8 and 12 weeks for it to work give it tima

• Posted

hi im taking cipralex for 3 weeks now and im in the same boat as ypu im still feeling horrible with 24/7 anxiety and i cant get a break. i would give it until the 8th week thats what i will try. i have heard of people saying it took 6 weeks of hell than it got better! so i would try to hang on and make sure u give it an honest try or else u will waste time not knowing if it would have worked and ull be running around in circles. im going through the exact same waiting game as you!

• Posted

yes its terrible. feel like im freaking out in public and getting away from social interaction, feeling derealization and like im not here its brutal but this is usually classic depression and anxiety symptoms. im looking into mushrooms as treatment as well as 5HTP and vitamins

• Posted

dont take 5htp aswell as an SsRi though. they shiuldnt be taken together x

• Posted

how are u now? im still only minimally improving x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.