I’ve been bleeding outside my period for nearly 2 weeks - is this normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am twenty years old and had my first period when I was fifteen. My periods nearly always last 5/6 days and occur approximately every 6 weeks. My last normal period began on 27th September and finished on 3rd November, and the one before that started on 15th August and ended on 22nd August. My periods are often extremely painful and at times I have nearly fainted because of the pain around my stomach and in my back and legs. The bleeding at the moment is giving me none of the usual period symptoms, but I am worried because nothing like this has happened before.

On 25th November, I began to bleed very lightly. This confused me because it had been less than 3 weeks since my last period. The bleeding has been going on for nearly two weeks now and I am unsure whether this is an extremely early, abnormally long period or spotting. The flow is very light and dark, and often comes out as strings or clumps of blood.

Is this an unusual period or am I bleeding outside my period? Is this type of bleeding normal?

Thank you for reading!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

u should visit a doctor to get checked out alot of things can cause bleeding thats not your period

• Posted

Have you had any unprotected sex in the last 3 months?

• Posted

No - I haven’t had sex at all, and I’ve never been on the pill. Apparently these are fairly common reasons for bleeding, which is why I’m really confused about this.

• Posted

get checked out cervical polyps /cancer/endometriosis vaginal infections such as yeast/bv/ hormonal imbalance all can cause bleeding amost other things as i say a few things can cause it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.