I’ve been bloated for 2 weeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

My stomach and abdomen have been bloated for 2 weeks and it’s becoming a nuisance. I often feel nauseous along with an aching pain, uncomfortable tightness and period pain in my abdomen. I’m on the pill so I do not get periods. It’s always worse after eating and before bed. I’ve tried a lot of medicine like paracetamol, ibuprofen, Rennies, senokot and buscopan tablets to see if anything changes but nothing seems to be! I do find that if my stomach is having a moment, buscopan will calm it down.

I’ve been to the doctor, she didn’t have an answer for me. The next day, I went into A&E because the pain got worse and they couldn’t give me an answer either. The doctor there suggested to take buscopan and anything that will help the bowel movements. As I’ve said, I have taken senokot and it does work, but not in the way that I want it to. 

Do you have any suggestions on what might be causing my stomach and abdomen to bloat excessively? 

Is it a case of having to be referred to a gastroenterologist? 

I’m honestly stuck. It’s come to a point where I really can’t enjoy things because of this! Any answers, advice and suggestions are welcomed. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im going through exactly the same thing and my doctor is testing me for celiac disease and believes it is probably IBS. She has also suggested to try and have foods from the low FODMAP list and avoid the high ones for the time being. I'm just starting this and am currently on Buscopan and Omprezole. So fed up with a stomach like a balloon and worried about what I put in my mouth and the upset it causes my insides. Im hoping this change in diet will help.

• Posted

Being on the pill may be causing your symptoms; try coming off it to see if your symptoms improve. Keep seeing your doctor and ask for tests to rule out possible causes. Do you experience bowel habit change? IBS can cause bloating and period like pain. Try avoiding gassy drinks and vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts and broccoli. IBS can take a long time to diagnose because other things need to be excluded first. Try to stay as calm as possible; worry can aggravate your pain. Consider seeing a gastroenterologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.