I've been breaking out from something!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm wandering if my Xolair injections are causing hives! Is that possible

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I never heard of that shot giving hives.. I have taken it for over two years and it stopped my hives

• Posted

I have read online that Xoliar eventually failed on people. I suggest you do research online.

• Posted

HI Bohrsmodel

I never take anything without researching it throughly.. I know the risks etc with xolair but i was willing to do this after everything and every med failed except prednisone and I will not take that long term.. It gives me a horrible headache and raises my bp a lot.. so I will continue with the xolair until or if it quits working..

• Posted

I think medications like Xoliar or Zyrtec works by blocking off your body's response to histamine. This makes your body produces even more histamine. Eventually these things fail and your body crashes and burn.

Try Tradtional Chinese Medicine (TCM). It works to address the root cause, which I think is an overactive liver . I am no expert so take what I write with a grain of salt. I only know that TCM worked for my nephew. He once had urticaria. He once was on Zyrtec. But I didn't like what research on Zyrtec and Xoliar revealed, so we tried TCM. Within 2 months he was free from all medications, diet restrictions and itchy rashes. He has been that way for almost 2 years now. He also used to react strongly to insect bits and his body parts would puff up. But ever since he took TCM, it has not once reoccurred.

Not everyone had access to Chinese doctors. For those who don't, there is a book available on amazon titled "Evidence-based Clinical Chinese Medicine:Volume 3: Chronic Urticaria". The description states that it contains the most commonly used prescription. With almost everything being available online these, it is something you could consider.

• Posted

Forgot to warn you guys that I read an artcicle online where on doctor suspects that Zyrtec interferes with Chinese medication. So don't mix treatments.

• Posted

Yeah they failed with me they had to stop after the 5th I was so poorly and ended up using 2 epipens and a night in hospital im on cyclosporine now along with the rest of my meds and I'm doing great hope you get it sorted

• Posted

Have had three months worth of xolair with no relief. Next step would be cyclosporine. How long did it take for cyclosporin to work for you?

• Posted

the xolair did not work for me till i had been taking it about 6 months .. then it kicked in and worked ever since..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.