I've been bringing up hard mucus is a odd shape weekly...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, 

For the past few years I have been feeling my throat is being obstructed by something weekly. So after a few attempts to bring the obstruction up I always get a medium to large sized hard mucus that is always in a odd shape. I don't even know how to particularly explain it, therefore I am attaching photos so you can observe it. I It is almost like the mucus if forming over a bump in my throat which is making the mucus a "cup" shape. 

Has anybody seen this before? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Its probably mucus that has been forming in your sinus at the back of your nose and then it gradually drips or slides down your throat.    It is obviously forming a plug in your throat in some convenient cranny.   Sometimes these will make people cough quite violently.     They can form if you are living a in dry warm atmosphere....do you have your central heating on high or work in a dry atmosphere?  Try using a daily nasal spray to liquefy the mucus in your sinus. its fairly common.
  • Posted

I get them as well. Although it’s daily for me when I have a sinus infection.

I literally just dislodged one about 10 minutes ago and decided to Google it. Then saw your pics.

Sadly I cannot seem to find anything that has helped. I can feel the build up throughout the day. After violent coughing, sniffing and snorting it’ll dislodge. Such a relief when it does comes out!!!

My only wish (other than it not happening at all) is finding a way to dislodge it when I want it out!

• Posted

You are not alone... I get this almost on a daily basis. The best way to get them out is to wash you nose everyday. I nearly choked on one the other day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.