I've been dealing with a Bartholin Cyst for a while now!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi community,

I am reaching out because of an ongoing issue I've had with a bartholin cyst. It first started 2.5 years ago where it was horrible abcessed and I had to go to the ER and get it drainied. It healed completely and didn't come back until 8 months ago when I had sex with a new partner. I was put on antibiotics and it didn't fully go away as I could still feel a pea-sized lump down there. Now, fast forward to 3 weeks ago and the cyst flared up again after sex. I didn't get any fevers or typical symptoms that I got the time it was severely infected. It's just uncomfortable every now and then. I've been taking sitz bath for 2 weeks now with a really great magnesium sitz bath (an austrialian company product) and the cyst is almost gone. It's done to teh size of a pea compared to a ping pong ball. A head never popped up, it hasn't drained and it's basically reabsorbed and there's no more pain. What does this mean?!?!? Should I keep doing what I'm doing and treat the cysts as they come or just bite the bullet and go for the marsupizlaition? Will it come back after the procedure?

I am experiencing anxiety however, because I know if I choose to have sex again, there is a high chance of it flaring up again. I've been debating on getting marsupialization if it's going to be a constant back and forth. Tbh, I don't have the time to take off work so much to deal with this.

I live in Long island, NY and would like to hear recomendations on highly rated doctors who could do the marzupialization. I'm just feeling to stumped 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.