I've been dealing with bladder problems for years!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So for years now I've had what can appear to be an over active bladder, but I've seen many doctors who have ruled that out.  I have to go to the bathroom many times during the day, so much so that I look at any glass of water with the concern. What's on is that when I'm having a flareup the sensation I get is more of a tightening in my lower stomach area with an urge to empty out.  It sometimes feels like a spasm but even then I'm not sure that's a good description. Also with this comes a bloated stomach and sometimes back pressure. I just feel all right in there and somehow this sets off an urge to go to the bathroom often.  Sometimes after I go the tightening is worse.  The urologist has told me that this doesn't make sense and has put my on an IC diet which hasn't worked.   I've been dealing with this for years and have had breaks from here and there but unfortunately in the past six months it has been ongoing. I'm very concerned that I'm going to be dealing with this my whole life. I'm wondering if anybody else out there has dealt with anything like this and if there are any suggestions that might beat me in a more hopeful direction. 

Thank you for your time. :-) 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I should have spell checked. I meant to say I feel all right in there , not all right.  I wish I felt alright! 😊

• Posted

Ugh, all tight, not alright.  My spell checker is out of control! 😂

• Posted

I'm sorry to say that as of yet I too have not found a solution for my bladder problems either, and I have suffered for many years. Are you taking any medication at all for it. I to have what you would call flare ups, so most times I feel ok then when I get a flare up I always feel like a need to go to the toilet back pain and pains in my lower stomach. I am having a flare up at the moment and sent a urine sample to the doctors who said it was fine and they would send it away. They rang me yesterday to say it showed that I have an infection so have been givin some penicillin. I take tablets for an overactive bladder and a low dose of antibiotics everyday which I have been taking for years and I'm not sure if I stopped would make a difference. It gets me down at times because it does spoil my life when I have to go on holiday or out for the day always need to be near a toilet or wear a pad in case I leak it's an embarrassing problem. I have had a camera in my bladder to check it and they found nothing which I always hope they do as they could fix me. I just hope it doesn't get any worse the older I get. I'm sorry I'm not much help

• Posted

Thank you for your comment. It always helps for some strange reason to know that you're not alone although I'm sorry that you too deal with this somewhat crippling issue. I'm not on medication now but what I've been on in the past hasn't helped.  I'm gearing myself up for another round of seeing new doctors to try to find the answers.  It's so discouraging to always hear that they see nothing, when you feel and know that there something wrong.  I hope you find answers soon.  

• Posted

I have some of the same problems which result in me wetting bed, pants or anything around.The drs are not to much help I,am now confined to diapers all the time my wife has me stay in them to avoid wetting stuff.When we travel is the most trouble must take a lot of diapers this is due mainly with prostate.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry. I hope you find answers soon. It's a frustrating battle.  

• Posted

Hi, Ive heard a bladder pacemaker is used for over active bladder.Ask your URO about this?

frank,

• Posted

Thank you. I'll definitely inquire about that. 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.