I’ve been dealing with Bowel problems for more than 4 weeks now and I’m not sure what’s causing it

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m 23 male and for the pass 4+ weeks my stools have been small, broken up, soft and occasionally diarrhea, never constipated. I also experienced burning sensations in my stomach or tightness that comes and goes but not often. I don’t have cramps, pain or a fever and no family history of colon cancer and in 2020 went to the hospital for separate reasons and had blood test and a X-rays if that’s important or worth mentioning. Is this IBS or something else? I’m eating regularly but when it’s time to go my bowels seems incomplete. Funny enough this actually started with me stressing about dry skin on my hands which lead to anxiety and frequently urination that caused me to freak about a UTI but that has completely stopped. Maybe they’re connected?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi jerry, oh no this sounds wrong! i think your bowel has started to have ibs not being funny! i think the stress and anxiety has kicked it off. have you explained any of this to your doctors? your bowel and bladder are close together so constant infections will not help or the thought of them.... keep an eye on your diet, get some tests done and try to relax.

• Posted

I’m seeing a doctor today! I’ve been stressing about it possibly being colon cancer so it’s not helping my stress unfortunately. I’ve been eating oatmeal, bananas and apples for weeks but nothing seems to help. Any diet suggestions?

• Posted

whatever you fancy to eat is fine, go by how you feel. don't forget to drink - loads! take care and hopefully you should be ok? good luck, did you see the doctor yet?

• Posted

I’ll be seeing a doctor later today, apparently another website said it can’t be IBS because a six month onset but I was at the belief anxiety and stress could trigger it. I wasn’t having bowel problems prior to my stress about the frequent urination situation so I’m not sure what’s causing my persist diarrhea, this is why I fear colon cancer but I have no family history or heritages syndrome that could raise my risk of developing it so quicky. i don’t or smoke. drink but I’ll admit to not being physically active

apologies for the long reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.