I've been dealing with symptoms of gastritis, but could it be my gallbladder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

READER BEWARE: This is long lol. Also I won't bore anyone with how things started, I already posted a discussion about that if you wanna get filled in BUT. I've been dealing with gastritis symptoms (tenderness in abdomen, nausea, bloating, burning/pain, and burping) which is what my gastroenterologist (nurse practitioner) told me. She also said the "stuff" I felt in My throat was acid reflux...even though I told her it didn't burn and I didn't feel burning pain in my chest. Anyway, I had an ultrasound to make sure my gallbladder and

(other surrounding organs were fine) and my results just came in

Here is what was found: "The gallbladder is unremarkable in appearance, lacking stones, wall thickening, or Pericholecystic fluid collection. No sonographic Murphy's was reported. Common bile duct measures 4 mm. Small probable 4 mm gallbladder polyp is present with tinier 1–2 mm similar structures identified without shadowing or invasive changes"

Here is what was explained: " ultrasound revealed small gallbladder polyp 4 mm. Gallbladder polyps are very common and are not cancerous. Will need to repeat ultrasound of gallbladder in six months to monitor the size of the polyp."

I have no clue what that means lol I tried calling but she didn't get back to me in time. So I'll try again tomorrow. My concern is that I'm not sure if that's what's causing my gastritis? Can a polyp that small cause it? A lot of people report of pain under their right rib that runs up to their right shoulder blade but I don't experience pain there at all. My symptoms are all mostly on my left side (my stomach) Also, how do they know if it's a polyp or gallstone? Some sources say that both can be cancerous! So what's the truth here? UGH THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. I also don't want my gallbladder removed, unless it is not functioning AT ALL. I've also heard gastritis gets worse after removing it so that's a game I don't wanna play. What say you?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Idk if this matters but the last three days I've been more bloated than normal. I'm super bloated right now as I'm typing. It usually lasts between 4-8hrs. I feel like my whole abdomen area is full of gas! I even massage down near my ovaries and feel the bloating

• Posted

What about doing a 2nd opinion with another doc?Show him/her reports.
    • Posted

I suppose I could, I've been unemployed for almost two months now so I don't have the money right now rolleyes

• Posted

Hi melher29

The report tells you that the polyp is going to be monitored and you will be scanned again in 6 months...its the usual 'wait and watch' scenario....but have you tried keeping a food diary to see what foods may be causing the pain and bloating.....do this and see what transpires.....what is your diet like?...try cutting out spicey foods, fried food, fizzy drinks, citrus fruit...also take probiotics and probiotic yogurts...try and go gluten free....also you may need a scan of your ovaries if feel pain and bloating in that area as you described....best wishes....

• Posted

Yes I've been keeping a good diary! I think it may be the oats I bought, but they said gluten-free so not really sure why it's still bloating me rolleyes I'm currently taking probiotics and sheep milk yogurt. I'm currently on the hunt for coconut kefir.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.