I've been depressed and anxious for a long time and I need some help

Posted , 5 users are following.

No one is hiring right now and I can't get a job so I can't afford to leave my house and hang out with anyone. I keep calling the places I've applied for but they always tell me to wait or they no longer need help. I tell my friends they can come over to my  house to hang out if they want but it's kinda far away from them and no one wants to or can and things always come up or they hang out at the usual place. I can't afford any gas money to leave my house or I would. I have been depressed for a year now. I'm hardly eating because there's never any food at my house cause my parent's can't really afford any food and I can't ask them for gas money cause they can't afford it either. On top of that I have been really struggling recently with the fact that I was raped multiple times when I was a kid and I can't afford to get help or therapy,  I am on a waiting list for free counseling but I don't know when I'll be accepted. She told me it would be awhile before they can tell me anything. I'm all alone every day I mostly sleep and I have no motivation to do anything. My other friends from school are doing things together and I can't join in because I can't leave my house and since everyone is always busy hardly anyone is replying back to my messages which makes me angry and sad and betrayed but at the same time I understand they have a life and they can't always respond back because they're busy. I feel like I'm going crazy cause I'm trapped by my circumstances and I don't have a clue how to stop this madness I'm living in everyday. I don't know what's wrong with me and it's just making me feel worst and worst and worst. Sorry for the long post and help would be greatly appreciated.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I understand exactly how you are feeling.  It is very difficult to see friends coz someone will always say - how about a drink or something and if you have no money you can't even afford that.  I have been there as well.   So I generally go round to peoples houses or get them to come to mine instead,  otherwise it's hard to see them.  

What I will say to you is perservere.  I have always found in life that if you do something eventually comes up.  It might not be a job you want but anything would do wouldn't it just to get solvent again.  It is very hard though.  Keep plugging away.   x

• Posted

Hello Justin,  I am sorry that your struggling right now.  What concerns me is that you say you were raped when you were a kid.  This is something you need to get help for and deal with.  Are you in the UK?  If you are there are organisations that you can contact for counselling for specifically being raped in childhood.  You sound like your self esteem and confidence is very low and this will inpact on how you are feeling everyday.  Lonliness and isolation is not helping your mental health. I don't really know what to suggest as without money it's difficult to get out to socilise.  Try to go for a walk everyday to get fresh air into your lungs. Chase up that counselling as i think when you start to talk about your past hurts you will start to feel better.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I understand your problem. Job is a big problem now for every person.But you should keep your self calm and wait for the best in meanwhile you searched for some online jobs,it may be helpful for you.

Try to go friend's house to spend some time and have fun to stay away depression,have some exercise and keep your self busy it will help you to save you from depression.

• Posted

Hey Justin

Like Elizabeth asked, are you in the UK? This is important insofar as where to go with what you've said. Is the person or persons still in the house where you live? Last question; can you bike to other friends homes?

There's absolutely nothing I an say to make what happened to you right. But, if it helps at all, so many of us have survived this. What you need is a break; alas, the chance of that happening decreases with your self-view, so it's really important right now to decide to see yourself in a different light - with the same kindness you'd see someone you truly value. One step at a time, dude.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.