I've Been Depressed And Scared I will infect Someone If i Receive Oral And I Have Hsv 1(Genital)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Around Christmas a Chick I Barely Talked To Knowing She Had Hsv 1 (Orally) Gave Me Oral & Now I Have Hsv 2...What A New Years For Me Now I'm Stuck with Hsv 2 And I Just Turned 21 :'( ! Since I Have Hsv 2 Can I Not Receive Oral Sex Anymore Unprotected??? Please I Want To Know To Better Educate Myself & Keep My Uninfected Partner Safe.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If she truly had hsv1 orally she could not have given you hsv2 genitally by performing oral sex...the only possibility is that she gave you genital hsv 1. Now if you are in fact positive for hsv 2 then you contracted it from someone who also is positive for hsv 2.

If it's genital hsv 1 you have then here are a few things to consider...hsv 1 outbreaks occur much less frequent than hsv 2. Hsv1 tends to be the least annoying out of the two. Transmission of hsv 1 genital is lower. I have hsv 1 genitally and have had only one outbreak in over a year, it wasn't nearly as painful as the primary and no medication of any kind was needed. My bf and I still do all of the things we used to but take the necessary precautions and avoid sex during the outbreak.

• Posted

Hi guys, sorry to jump on this chat I just wanted to ask you (justsolucky524) a couple of questions as I came across this thread and notice you say you have genital HSV1. I also have this and have had it for just over a year, I still cannot get over it and think about it every single day!!

I have only had one outbreak which was the initial one and it was horrendous! I had a small bump show up couple weeks ago not sure if it was ingrown hair or a recurrence. Anyway... I just wanted to know does your partner still give you oral? Has he been tested while he's been with you to check he hasn't contracted it? Do you still have unprotected sex? I'm so scared to have unprotected sex incase I pass it on! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Posted

Hi, no problem. Yes he does however, he is the one that gave it to me. He had no symptoms and had a full std panel just as I did before we had unprotected sex. Of course now I inform anyone that will listen, the standard std panel does not include Hsv. With us both having it it's a little different but with me having symptoms prior to an outbreak it's my signal to refrain. You too will learn your body in time. The good thing is they occur much less often than that of hsv 2. Hsv1 is so common that your fear is understandable but not necessary. Anyone that cares enough to get educated about it will have no problem adjusting and using protection if that's what the two of you decide. Hsv 1 genital is very often passed by someone with hsv1 orally performing oral sex.

• Posted

Hi,

I wouldn't do anything sexually with a parter who doesn't have the virus without protection. Does your partner know that you have it? If she does not, I think the first thing u can do to keep her safe is tell her. Honesty is the best. Second, use protection for everything. That's the safest way to have sex if one is infected and one is not.

I have had herpes for 6 years now and the hardest thing about it is involving another person. If this person loves you then they will stay. There are also many websites that can tell u the risks of passing it on, what kinds of things to avoid, and the best protection for any situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.