I've been depressed for 2 years, what should I do

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been depressed for 2 years, what should I do. Can any one tell me suggestions to over come depression.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

depression can be tricky and it often goes hand-in-hand with anxiety. A lot of people don’t know that. I would suggest that you speak with your doctor about this and then speak with a counselor on a regular basis. If you need medication for this you would speak with a psychiatrist who can help you with that. it’s important to get support for depression because it’s difficult to manage alone. A counselor and a psychiatrist make a good team for depression.

while you are waiting for your appointments, get up in the morning and do something positive. For example take a walk and admire beautiful nature, do things that make you smile and laugh. Eat healthy foods and stay hydrated with water. chunk foods containing sugar will increase the depression.

Avoid anything negative such as the news. Doing something for somebody else has always lifted depression for me! It takes my mind off of myself. Watch a lighthearted or funny movie, another thing that really helps to lift depression is exercise because it releases a special hormone in the brain that makes you feel better. Any doctor would tell you that. Take one day at a time but definitely get that support that you need. It will be worth it. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.