I’ve been depressed for a long time and my dog just bit my cats neck so she maybe dying

Posted , 4 users are following.

My cat maybe dying and I think I’m going insane. I’m 16 years old and seeing so much death in my life has left me with a mental scar. My mom is taking my cat to the vet and I’m in my room but I just started laughing like a f*****g mental patient and Its scared Me. I’m feeling a lot emotions primarily Anger, Shock, Depression, and the urge to hurt my dog. I don’t want to hurt him but I’m scared that I think I’m going insane, I locked myself in my room and I’m waiting for all this to die down but I’m scared, I’m terrified. I need help I don’t know what to do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First off...breathe deep in thru nose an out with mouth. Try to relax. You need someone to talk to and just vent. If you have a pastor, maybe call him..meanwhike, go take a cool bath and just soak and relax...this too shall pass...
    • Posted

Thank you. My cats gone but I know my dog didn’t mean to kill her and only meant to protect his brother as he tried his best to let go but his jaw was stuck, so I can safely say that he didn’t want to kill her. While I was having my breakdown I started hearing screams in my head that sounded like they belonged in the shining. But it passed withen a few minutes of talking to my best friend. I believe I’m doing somewhat good but I’m kinda not feeling any emotions right that maybe due to my shock, I’m planning on seeing my doctor about this once she’s available. But I am doing... fine to say the least, my cats in a better place now and my dog is feeling guilty over the whole thing so I’m gonna try and comfort him.
    • Posted

Awww, by comforting him, you will in turn comfort yourself hun. I will be praying to the Lord to give you comfort and peace at this time. At times when I get down, I talk to God..smile he is an amazing listener!! Take care...here if ya need to talk..smile
  • Posted

Talk to someone you know can fully understand your condition. Someone whom can give you a positive advice. Bring out all your worries and fear. Don't let them inside of you coz it would surely affect you mentally and emotionally. Just relax and be optimistic. God is always with you.

• Posted

Honestly, I have struggled with depression too and have had the same feelings you've had.  I'm not really a talker so thay never helped me, but talking out your feelings with someone you trust is excelent. 

For me I just had to get away. Try going for a very long walk or practice mediating.  Try not to think too much or when thoughts do come to you try to think about them in a new way, I try to find the humor in thoughts that would normally get me down. Anything to clear your mind and remember how large the big picture is, there are so many sides to everything and the world is kind of up to our own perception. (But this will take a lot of practice and mind set changing)

When you're feeling a bit better, then commit to a productive hobby (or hobbies) or group or class so you can grow and feel good about yourself. I know that all sounds pretty lame, but it will really help in the long run. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.