I’ve been depressed for for 1 month and 2 weeks now beacause i have high blood pressure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im obese 97kg.,

In june 27, 2018  I’ve been diagnose of high blood pressure because that day im so weak and and i was shaking, so my mother decide that we go to hospital, in hospital my BP is 140/100 and i was shock beacuse my father die in heart attack and my brother die in stroke so i was so nervous that day and dont know what to do. and the laboratory result my uric acid is so high and SGPT and SGOT is high but my cholesterol is normal and so LDL, Triglycerides is normal to. So the doctor decide that to take me a metropolol 50mg for 1 month. For 1 week taking metropolol my head was so hurt and i was so dizzy so i decide to go our clinic center. I found out my BP is still 140/100 and i was shock, so the nurse advice me to relax beacuse they felt that i was so nervous, after 20minutes my BP is down to 130/90. 

The clinic doctor give me amplodipine 5mg because the metropolol not good to me. So after 3 week of taking amplodipine i felt good and i think my BP is down. But then i felt so anxious of what i eat. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Edwardo, hey your numbers aren't so terrible, so don't worry so much about that.  In the US it's more typical that someone would be given both a beta blocker like metoprolol and a calcium channel blocker like amlodipine together, and also with an ACE/ARB and diuretic.  So there's lots of ways to go if needed.

So about the weight, well, of course you should address that, and if you lose, well, 30kg or so, it would probably help your BP without the meds, too.  But it takes a while.

I might suggest you start learning how to "count carbs" rather than calories, the way that diabetics do - because if you stay obese odds are you'll be getting that too one of these days.  Anyway, for me, counting carbs has been a great way to lose weight, and relatively painless.  Just no French fries ...

• Posted

Try an find a dietian, even if only for a few weeks to try and re-educate yourself about what you should be eating, like most of us we do slip into bad habits and think, I am eating normally, but in reality you are eating tooo big servings, or you are consuming soft drinks, ie coca cola, and or cookies, should be none in a weight loss diet, and only occasionally in a good diet.

Both my husband & I are in the 100kilo range as well, we have joined an weight loss support group, weigh in each Tuesday morning, have a meeting with others in the group a cup of tea, no cookies or biscuits, have a prize for the one in the group who has lost the most weight, no mention of what they weigh, just how much they have lost, and then again a monthly prize for the most weight lost in the month, great fun and motivating to have the support of others on the same path, and some of them are willing to share with you the 10's of kilos they have lost to help motivate you.

We have only really cut down to one slice of bread when you want 2 slices to make a sandwich, no biscuits or cookies, and NO softdrink, we still have a tiny amount of chocolate, but must be the 85% chocolate, not really very sweet, nothing fried or cooked in oil, and in the last 3 months have both lost 5 kilos, Dr very pleased, and said keep up the good work, that's about the right.

amount of weight to lose, about a pound a week.

Tell me what you are eating, and I will try to help from my experience.

• Posted

Forgot to mention the 5lb box of icecream we bought each week at the supermarket, No LONGER, we buy some extra fruit instead, some pears, oranges, apples, or at the moment strawberries are in season in Australia, yum yum, six for each dinner as desert, makes a box of strawberries stretch along way.
  • Posted

eduardo81598..First of all, don't be depressed about having an elevated bp. It happens. Hypertension is so very common, it's unbelievable. 

Your bp was elevated at the hospital because you were in panic mode. Being upset, nervous, anxious etc. does indeed elevate bp., & the medical profession is very well aware of this. As one reader wrote, a reading of 140/100 isn't anything to be alarmed. Yes, the diastolic (lower number) is a little high, but no wonder. 

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that the Dr. would give you another bp medication in just over a week. It takes longer than a week for a medication to do it's job. However, you are now on 5mg Amlodipine. Are you still taking the Metropolol??? 

Relax, take it easy...lose some weight if you can. Distract yourself when you feel anxiety starting to set in. Go for a walk, get together with friends...eat properly. All of this adds up in your favour.

Please let us know how you get on with it.

• Posted

Before I'm king metoprolol 50mg too .. Buti it also makes me feel dizzy and I get tired easily.. So the doctor changed it to nebivilol nebilet 2.5 mg theres no more side effects.. Anxious too what food to eat.

• Posted

Hi eduardo815598. I think your BP is ok, but just in case I am posting a list of natural diuretics, but watch out for electrolyte balance. Lemon

cucumber

peach

pineapple

pear

watermelon

tea

cofffee

chocolate

hawthorn berry

Parsley

celery seed

dandelion tea or dandelion coffee at Holland and Barrett

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.