I've been depressed for over 7 months now!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know I am depressed because I've taken every diagnoastic test possible. But I have zero excess to medical care or a shrink because I'm from a very conservative family who thinks psychological problems aren't real. I need alternative methods to cope with my severe depression. Any help would be highly appreciated thanks.

2 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Check in the attached information boxes attached here.

    I do not know how old you are or in what country you life in.

    In the UK when you reach sixteen you can go to the Family Doctor on your own and the Doctor can prescribe treatments to help

    You can try Relaxation Techniques, MINDFULNESS, and Breathing Exercises. Both explained in Related Information


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi there rabbia like bob said unsure where abouts yr from as to what help is out there. But in the uk they do mindfullness courses, acupuncture, that type of thing xx & some herbal remedies may be of use to u. Zipfit is one i use online a company doing vitamins and non medicinal products similar to holland & barrett say. When i was hospitalised it broke my heart to see a jewish man so poorly & his family refused to accept his diagnoses or visit & he was so alone xx ive never forgotten that & that was 2003. Hope wherever he is he has found happiness. Same to you, & hope alternative treatments work for you. Xx as i would suggest seeing a dr but that would only cause you distress being dishonest to family. Xx good luck rabbia ?

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    What are your symptoms? There is nothing wrong with alternative methods depending on how depressed you are. If you can explain what you are feeling then this site can help you. How did you get into depression?

    Keep in touch.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Id say you need to reach out and talk to a community service center or city hall establishment. If your family is not supporting you the way they should through your mental help then the state can help. If you turn suicidal, call the police and they will put you in a hospital which will get you on meds and find doctors that can help.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up