I've been depressed for too long, getting tired everything

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. So I've been depressed for awhile now, years but I've always been a negative depressive person with stress since I was a kid. Anyways, I just feel like nothing, it's too the point where I feel like I'm always going to be alone and I've already wasted so much it my life doing nothing, I haven't accomplished anything and even if I can do something cause I can do something my mind won't let me, like a wall blocking me from doing something goo. I don't like myself, I'm not smart, I look weird as usual, I am awkward, I stress over everything and even when things are going good I feel uncomfortable like good things aren't supposed to happen to me, I'm just waiting to get screwed over as usual. I don't know what to do, suicide is hard cause I know my family will feel bad but I just don't see any point in anything . I do believe in God but I'm sure he sees me suffer. I'm just tired of everything. Supposedly this person likes me but I don't believe them I can't handle having my heart broken, I will snap, I'm sure if it and this is the only friend I have at the moment. I'm too fragile, I don't want to take medication or see a therapist, please I'd rather kill myself than take medication, no offense to anyone but I've never smoked, drank or done any drugs. Any suggestions?? Sorry this is my first time on a forum like this and I'm all over the place.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi GreenRose

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

hi greenrose, you obviously need help and quickly. I hope i have not got to you too late! I was told the people you fear who are going to commit suicide are those who don't speak. The people who won't explain anything are far more likely to jump than those who don't say anything. Talk on here, we do listen. When i wanted to jump in a lake last year, i left a note for my husband to say by the time you get this i'll be dead. I left the front door unlocked, forgot my coat and phone and had no keys. I didn't intend coming back, a stranger saved me. Well relative, he was my counsellor. You cling to life. Where will you be without it?

• Posted

Hi this is the depression talking and are false thoughts so don't listen to them please. Why refuse medical aid if it can help you? Surely it is better to do this than kill yourself. However if you are determined to go the self help route do a bit of googling as there is lots of advice out there. For example you could try herbal supplements like St. Johns Wort, or Valerian. There are self help methods such as mindfulness, yoga, meditation etc.

You can buy self help books and there are lots of videos on YouTube about anxiety and depression. Good luck. x

• Posted

hello,

From a fellow sufferer, I can advise you to check out the internet about suffering, I find great comfort in that actually knowing there are so many out there, when you are not alone that's great comfort. One of the most painful things sometimes is seeing how happy other people are, I recently experienced that doing some work I barely coped with yet others had been doing it years and appeared full of life - that set me back big style and I only managed one shift.

Another piece of advice is definitely to start medication - citalopram i take 40 mg, no side effects, it's part of the answer.

keep grinding it out and to everyone else on this channel

Rich

• Posted

I become very sad to know that you was deeply suffered by depressed. I think you must leave your smoked, drank or drugs. Take care......

• Posted

Hi,

Depression is the worst health problem . Here are some tips that will be helpful for you:

Do exercise regularly and, eat right too

Try to keep a regular sleep schedule

Focus on people who lift you up

Schedule pleasant activities or events

Thanks

• Posted

I think drug is one of the best way to be depressed. Because of over drinking our body energy is less day by day and our mind don't work properly.

Not sure just gazed.

• Posted

I think the negative depress block the mind of a person. The negative, depressive person can't do anything properly. The person isn't able to give his mind consoled.

• Posted

One thing I'd add is that suffering is part of our life though we actually hate it, I've tried everything to get rid of mine, but it won't shift. Psychologically if you can accept that and the pain that goes with it, which is very severe at times, and then struggle with it, that seems to partly work from what I have found. It's almost like living as a disabled person does really, the blind, people in wheelchairs, with cancer etc, accept it as a disability you have and you may feel more settled

• Posted

Don't be negative be positive for every time. It make you so disabled what you are not and struggle with it.

Thanks

• Posted

melancholy can be regular, and is most effective a trademark of underlying sickness while emotions grow to be immoderate, all-consuming, and intervene with every day living.

• Posted

Your problem is very serious and you should contact with a doctor as soon as possible.

• Posted

From a week, I become so tired without doing something. When I am sitting at home doing nothing and going somewhere near to me, feel dull and become so tired. It seems to me that I do hard work for a long time. I don't know why it is happening to me?

• Posted

I would like to help you, but I am in a similar situation - I should take a medication, but I cannot. One thing is that I have pre-existing health issues. I used to take medications without mood stabilisers, and I think they were pushing me towards mania. Apart from that, they all have severe side effects. Low libido is one of them. Another one is having really weird dreams. I was sleeping but waking up tired cause the dreams were so intense and detailed. I am not convinced to take the medicines. On the other hand, I struggle.

• Posted

I love your suggestion and agree with you. As you say that it may be for my intense and detailed dreams.

Thanks a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.