I've been depressed for years

Posted , 1 user is following.

In may I had my gallbladder removed took a funny turn after and they discovered I had a heart condition called long qt syndrome at the time I was on trazadone but had to stop at once terrible withdrawal symptoms was put on mitrazapene and have been really really depressed to the point didn't want to be here have just read this is a side effect anyone else been on these and suffered c

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It's a shame you had to come off trazadone so suddenly, that's probably really messed your head up, not to mention the operation and heart diagnosis babe, I'm so sorry xx

I don't know about those particular meds (I'm on Cymbalta, 8 years now) but someone on here will. I hope you can discuss it with your doctor, too.

Lots of love and keep posting xxx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply just feel so helpless was doing great on my medication till all this because of heart condition have to avoid a lot of different medicines haven't had a decent night sleep since may which is totally draining but going to doctors tomorrow see what alternative medicine there is x

• Posted

Nice one, I hope your doctor understands it not just the physical, but the mental stuff that you're having to deal with. I suppose the issue is finding the right combination of medications that don't interfere with each other?

I know what what it's like to have your medication changed when you've come to trust and rely on it, grrrr!

Do you think there's something in your heart meds that's stopping you sleeping, or is it all the thoughts racing? I don't know about you, but it might help if you took a list tomorrow so you don't forget anything x

• Posted

Hi there been to my doctor today told her everything I was feeling even suicidal thoughts have been referred to crisis team have appointment tomorrow to discuss alternative medication given some diazepam for anxiety x
    • Posted

Sounds like you're being looked after really well and they've taken you seriously (small miracle!). How are you feeling about tomorrow? Thanks for the update x

• Posted

Feeling really nervous don't really like talking to strangers about my business but I now realise that if I want to improve then I'm going to have to x

• Posted

Yes, i bet you're fed up and annoyed (putting it mildly!) that you have to be doing this, especially as none of it is your fault, or under your control. I know how you feel, really I do. Will you take a diazepam before you go? x

• Posted

Yeah Kate think I will probably need to take diazepam before I can face them x
    • Posted

Yes saw nurse explained everything so he's going to report to psychiatrist suggest change of medication will hear by Monday thanks for asking x

• Posted

Hi it's me again haven't had too bad a week heard from psychiatrist changing my medication got to go see my GP on Thursday on the down side having a really bad day today I have my mother in laws funeral tomorrow and my young cousins on Friday so feeling really low hope I can pick myself up and get through this thanks to anyone who's listening x

• Posted

Hi Linda, how did the funeral and Friday go?

I've been on holiday but not feeling it and been in tears since i got back, doh! Not helped by bad back (slipped same disc again, ffs)

Thinking of you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.