I’ve been diagnosed with an arrhythmia from a Paramedic. But the doctors say i’m Fine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Around 7 months ago, I was hungover one time and I started having an episode quite late at night.

It felt like a panic attack but i felt dizzy and strange tingling sensation, my head was fuzzing and my heart was fluttering. It was all of a sudden, I was in my student living room with my friends, around 10 pm and it hit me. My friends reassured me i was fine and i didn’t panic. Still felt it tho. Slept it off.

Then a couple weeks later, after another heavy night it happened again, I was so confused as to what it was and I was on my own. I panicked and phoned an ambulance. Now the night before I was drinking, a lot (which is my major trigger) and I was doing cocaine. By the time the paramedics came (almost 2 hours later believe it or not), I was feeling a lot better but proceeded to tell them what had happened and what I had been up to the night before. They called me stupid, ofcourse you’re gonna get heart palpitations after doing coke the night before. I agreed. But they went On with an ECG from inside the ambulance to the which I got the response of “oh... you’ve given your self an arrythmia” to which I freaked the f**k out. Like, what was that? I’d never heard of it before and my heart started galloping.

They calmed me down and said i’m fine, gave me a lecture and said some people can do drugs and get away with it, others can’t you need to stop blah blah. And I did. Then they said you don’t need to go to the hospital, you’re gonna be fine but do you want to? I said no. Went back inside, eventually got back to sleep and rested.

Kinda ever since i’ve been very paranoid about it. And it just doesn’t feel right. So, I went to the doctors after. Each time, after I eventually got an ECG, my nurse told me to sit in the waiting room i’ll Give the test to the doctor and then she came back and aid the doctors said my heart looks fine and the nurse kinda pushes me out the door. It felt odd the way they handled it but they said my heart was fine. So I tried to forget about it.

Still didn’t feel right. My heart hurt kind of, like I weird prod and I could feel my heart beat all day. Occasional flutters and PVC’s. like it still is now. 

I went to another doctor, did the same and the exact same thing happened. 

I bumped in to the paramedic a few weeks after and he said “hey, how’s it going?” And I told him everything and he said something like “well a gp isn’t going to tell you ... something something I can’t quite remember what he said but it was weird. Then he scrapered off almost.

Have i really mucked my heart up? I feel like I f****d my heart up and there’s nothing I can do.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Consult with a cardiologist. He'll probably do an EKG and an echocardiogram, and maybe a stress test. Everyone has PVCs. The drugs and alcohol might have made them worse or maybe even triggered atrial fibrillation. Now that you know that that can happen, get smart and stop doing drugs and alcohol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.