I've been diagnosed with gastritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

So i just wanted to say i've been diagnosed by a doctor with gastritis when i drink alcohol or smoke tobacco, i get extreme stomach pains and im constatnly swallowing every day for five months.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Stanley,

To be honest I would try to cut out the alcohol, and cut down on the smoking if you possibly can.

I think you know yourself that this is causing things to be worse, and gastritis is painful.

Try to be more gentle on your stomach for a while, no spicy foods.

Has the doctor prescribed you something to cut down the stomach acid?

If he has, and it's not helping, ÿou need to go back and see him.

• Posted

Yeah i was doing fine last week but then i started smoking cigarretes again and drinking, the culprit to my gastritis is defienetly that, i just have trouble cutting back. Iam so stubborn about this fact that i have gastritis that when i start feeling better i just tend to go back to my old habits. The doctor gave me prilosec and omeprazole i just don't think its working because of my drinking habit, im starting today no alcohol and cigarrettes for the rest of my life hopefully.
  • Posted

Man...Stop It, Otherwise your life will be gone. There is no rollback if your gastritis become chronic. Now It looks to be acute to me. I am suffering from this from last 6 months. Believe me my life became a hell.
  • Posted

Your life is your own Stanley, but you only get one, remember that.
  • Posted

You definetly need to stop drinking and smoking at least for a while until your stomach heals. Life is too precious and living with pain because you can't control your addictions can be hard but you have the power to decide to live with no more painful stomach.

Many of us sufferers don't have that option of just stop doing something so we could feel better and live happier. I have been in pain since my baby was born, first I almost died with pancreatitis but not because of drinking too much, I had gallstones. now I have also gastritis and I've been in so much pain for 6 months. I'm depressed because I got a bacterial infection in my stomach that is causing me a lot pain and I can't get rid of it with treatments. All I want is my health and I would give anything to live with no such pain that ruin my days with my Lovely child & rest of family. take care of yourself  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.