I’ve been diagnosed with GERD

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I got into a bad car accident January 4rth and that’s when my whole life changed . Only thing happened to me was that I broke my foot and had to get surgery and they put 3 screws in my foot . After my surgery EVERYTHING went left 😔 I was in and out of the hospital due to shortness of breath and acid reflux . They didn’t give me anything for it but gas x . So when I went to my family doctor they diagnosed me with GERD 😔 they put me on meds for that that help just a little but don’t take the pain completely away . My potassium and magnesium is always low as well 😔 I’m still in and out of the hospital with bad chest pains , back pains , migraines, neck pains , being light headed , dizziness and all . They diagnosed me with anxiety and depression as well and I’m on meds for that to. I get so scared at times cause I have a 7 month old son that I’m scared to leave behind in this world . Sometimes I feel so weak that I can’t really do anything to take care of him . My boyfriend works a lot , so he be to tired to do much so I go to my moms house to let her help me 😔 I’m tired of the weakness and the head aches , chest paines . Sometimes I wake up like 3 or 4am and can’t breathe , sweating , and my heart rate be pounding . Sometimes I think about me dying but I try my best to not let it get that far . I do realize stress only makes it worse and I pray that find some kind of meds , or something for ppl with bad Gerd cause my life is not the same . Oh and I’m only 20 years old . So it happens to young ppl as well . If there anything someone can tell me to do that will help I will be glad to take the advice. And I pray god be with all of us on this scary ride because being in and out of the hospital and doctors knowing they can’t find nothing wrong with you is very scarry ???? may god be with you all ??

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone .

I have been on omeprazole for several weeks .

I wake up nearly every morning at 4am ,with gas ,hot sweats and just keep tossing and turning .

I have had nausea and loose stools and globus sensation in the throat and lack of appetite .

I have an Endoscopy in March 

So would you say a prayer for me that the find out whats wrong with me ,

These symptoms bring on all levels  of stress and Anxiety that are hard to control .

• Posted

I take that medicine as well ... I take it twice a day before meals . I do a little justice but not as much and Ima get one done as well . Praying everything comes back normal ...  pray for me as well
  • Posted

I am so sorry this has happened to you.  It sure sounds like anxiety, did you have any anxiety before the accident?
    • Posted

Yes , I had anxiety before the car accident but I was never diagnosed with it until I had my surgery. It was controllable then but now it not . I take Xanax for mine 
  • Posted

Sorry for your pain! There are a few things you can do! First diet, no spicey food, no tomato products, no carbonated soda, no caffeine, very bland. Eat small amt. Several times a day. Never let yourself get hunger pangs, I carry rice cakes just incase I forget to Eat! Snack at night bland things. Yogurt is a must to balance out digestive system. Vitamin B12, but. C, Calcium and got D3, I take a multi vitamin also. Any PPI will require you take vit. As they make you deficient. Elevate your upper body so reflux can not back up! Stay off Doctor Google as you will only find the worst possible things. Stress is hard but you have to try to avoid it. Get as much sleep as you can! After eating do not bend over and try to walk around after eating! I also take honey 1tsp 3x a day! Soothes your throat and between the vit. And honey gives you energy! You need to think about you and your baby, so take good care of you! The anxiety between your accident, a new baby, and reflux can play a major part in this. I have been through this for a year afraid to go to the doctor I finally did. Alot of tests! It does get better follow the above and when things are better you can slowly cheat on diet and it will be fine. Take care of you! Good luck
    • Posted

This is a lot of stuff to follow up with but if I have to do it to feel better I will . Thank you so much ... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.