I've been diagnosed with oguchi's disease and i need help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am 19 years old and i am from the UK. i have been diagnosed with oguchi's disease. I have recently applied for my provisional driving licence. I declared my condition to DVLA and they made me go for an eye test. Then i received a letter stating that they are still investigating my case. I'm extremely stressed by the chance i may not be able to drive. My day vision is fine but my rods and cones are slow to adapt in the dark. However all cars have light beams so this should not be a problem. I just want to know if ill be able to drive at all. Any information or advice would be vastly helpful.

Thank you.

Saqib 

2 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.