I've been dizzy for the past year..desperate for help

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been dizzy for a few years, but the past 4 months have been intolerable. I am dizzy 24/7 especially when moving my head even slightly or walking. I feel like the ground is moving when i walk. I live in the NYC area and have had every cardiac test available, also MRI, MRA, and CT scan of my brain and everything was negative. I'm a 41 years old male, have worked out my whole life and eat well.I would appreciate any help i could get. Besides a cardiologist and neurologist i have also seen a ENT doctor. Looking foward to some thoughts.. Thanks

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

how I wish we'll get an answer to this freaking nightmare.. it's been 2 months++ now for me, this constant dizziness is killing me.. wish just to have a break even for an hour would be good at this time

• Posted

I tell myself every day I wish it would go jump up and down on someone else for a while. Lol
  • Posted

the emt doctor should be able to determine if you have 

benign paroxysmal vertigo,

mine didn't' think I do, as turning my neck doesn't bring on the dizziness and rolling over in bed doesn't.  she said it might be a balance problem, and having a joint replaced or having arthritis could cause that.  she recommended balance therapy.  also wanted a scan of the cartoid arteries.

also she removed hard wax from on my eardrums and that seemed to help.

good luck!

Donna  USA

• Posted

got bppv since a young age, never knew what 'it' was back then never saw a doctor for that since the dizziness triggered by certain positions or movements I just avoided it.. it comes & goes after a week or two thought it a normal things, got hits by it several times here and there but never like this.. now its freaking constant, & the fact I looked healthy on the outside just make it hard to explain sh*ts.. people be like "mehhhh, just man up!"

• Posted

Same here. Was told bppv ten years ago. Used to go away between attacks of vertigo for a couple years. Then the dizziness started to stick around. Now it wont go away. Vertigo daily. Vestibular response in left ear almost none existent

• Posted

I left out a few important symptoms..i have been getting pain on the tn the top of my head, blurry vision, and neck pain in front and back of neck..

• Posted

This sounds like a vestibular migraine. Also look up scm issues. It's a muscle in your neck that can be nasty. Find your SCM and give it a gentak squeeze. If you have a problem with it then it will hurt when you squeeze it

• Posted

very interesting about the SCM muscle.  I looked it up and found lots of info, including one on trigger points by "Dr Mary."

• Posted

I saw the same article about SCM with Dr Mary and also found it

very interesting. The only thing i didn't like was they were 

selling their own vitamins at the end of the article

• Posted

Bad posture is usually the reason why your SCM gets messed up.
  • Posted

Don't worry about what they are selling. Did you check your SCM to see if it hurts? There are trigger points that can help it. Look up SCM trigger points to learn more.

• Posted

Yes it definitely hurts. My GP who is also my lifelong best friend was

telling me today he feels it's something a chiropractor or therapist should do because of the carotid artery being in the same area.

• Posted

Yes, those are good doctors to handle that. I have worked my SCM for a while and as long as you are careful and follow the muscle you should be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.